Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com

Christos D. Tsatsaronis

Part of the Furniture Now
For years I wanted to do this: my first smoke in my first ever clay pipe! I thought it was appropriate to fill it with an English blend, so it's Gawith Hoggarth Balkan Mixture in it. Perhaps now I will be able to aplly for acceptance in the "Fellowship of the Clays", after -of course- approval by the "Lord of the Clays", aka halfdan...

Keep calm good people.

Gawith Hoggarth Balkan Mixture - clay pipe.jpg

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
The Jean Claude bent Apple-ish (prince?) with acrylic stem. C&D Pegasus and a pot of Silver Needle Earl Gray tea.
This pipe is a keepsake from my deployment to Iraq in 2004. We did not stop and shop while off post on missions. I asked my interpreter to pick me up some pipe tobacco the next time he was able to go into town.
I also asked him if they had a nice pipe to pick it up for me as a keepsake. When he returned, he had a couple of pouches of Captain Black and this pipe.
image.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
For years I wanted to do this: my first smoke in my first ever clay pipe! I thought it was appropriate to fill it with an English blend, so it's Gawith Hoggarth Balkan Mixture in it. Perhaps now I will be able to aplly for acceptance in the "Fellowship of the Clays", after -of course- approval by the "Lord of the Clays", aka halfdan...

Keep calm good people.

View attachment 197262
@Christos D. Tsatsaronis Nice pipe! The Clay King welcomes you to the Fellowship of the Clay! Do you have any info on the style and maker? I was smoking GH brown twist in my Old Dominion Jamestown clay at the Sealed Knot Battle of Nantwich last weekend. A period correct pipe and baccy!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking year 2013 Capstan Blue Ready Rubbed in a 2014 Savinelli Gaius smooth brown slight bend 320KS author with a tapered black acrylic military mount stem and ferrule. Gold Star Jamaican Estate Reserve, neat, is my drink. Still raining.
Savinelli_Gauis320KS_Author.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Thank you, I am honoured!
It's an Old Dominion Williamsburg Clay Pipe, it came from Missouri U.S. together with a new cob...
@Christos D. Tsatsaronis I haven't got a Williamsburg clay but I think it would suit the Redcoats & Revolutionaries:
I could imagine having it lit from the blacksmith's forge - Dad calls the blacksmith 'the pipe lighter':)

Peterson314

Can't Leave
Sep 13, 2019
I don’t doubt Jim’s take on this one bit but after comparing Epiphany and Revelation Match, I prefer Epiphany. Been smoking a ton of it lately.
I went through a couple ounces of Epiphany before I tried Revelation Match. I didn't like Epiphany at all the first time I tried it, but when I tried it a couple days leter it was sublime. It's now in my regular rotation.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
I went through a couple ounces of Epiphany before I tried Revelation Match. I didn't like Epiphany at all the first time I tried it, but when I tried it a couple days leter it was sublime. It's now in my regular rotation.
I like Epiphany better because it has less topping/PG and agrees with my tongue a bit more. Also, to me, Epiphany seems to have a bit more perique, which I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.