PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
An afternoon smoke prior to raking up some more leaves. A very comfortable day outside with some sun and temperatures in the low 40s.
The Hilton Giant, Canadian with 50/50 mix of:
2021 Sutliff J4 Burley
2021 Bright Virginia Ribbon.
A cup of strong black coffee accompanying.
This is a really good smoke!
C11BA9B4-0773-4122-A491-31132B6A9EEC.jpeg

Christos D. Tsatsaronis

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
Smoking now Three Nuns in a MM Cobbit Dwarf and reading the lines of a story, as found in the third volume of the "Complete Works" I have in my library, I was listening to the same story in the morning (as audio) while driving to work. It comes from the greatest Greek author, otherwise known as "the Saint of Greek letters" due to the religious context (in a broader meaning) of his work: short stories (mainly), novels, translations, essays etc. He was born and died in the island of Skiathos, but lived many years in Athens, always between the poor and simple people, considering himself one of them, despite the fact (or just because of it) that he was chosen and blessed from above, I cannot give other explanation to his greatness, just reading a few pages is enough to touch your soul deeply.
The name is Alexandros Papadiamantis (1851-1911).
The story is about a large Dutch ship that during a storm fells on a rocky coast at Skiathos, in the night. The locals save the sailors and at a paragraph it's described how "they give them dry clothes, start a big fire in a warehouse to keep them warm, and how the sailors after drinking plenty of rum, light and smoke their pipes, feeling very pleased by the hospitality of the villagers"...

I wish you a happy week, good people.

3  Nuns - MM Cobbit Dwarf pipe.jpg
Alexandros Papadiamantis 1851 - 1911.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin french toast with pineapple slices on the side. Then, I smoked a bowl of year 2001 VaPer Three Nuns in a 1938 straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Gold Star Nightwish, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1938_left.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a straight smooth brown 1950s Comoy’s Tradition 305 apple military mount with a sterling silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Haven't smoked this pipe lately I generally smoke Evening Flake in a 4AB, but I needed a shorter smoke, so this is back in action.
Comoy’s_Tradition305_apple_militarymount.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.