Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
It’s scary in the sense that people have elected to give access to the data without a thought or care to their own privacy. Anytime you sign up for something on a site, or purchase something, you’ll start seeing targeted advertisements—it’s become the norm. In terms of the shift to doing everything online (buying, banking, etc.), it’s to be expected; there has to be a way to monetize all this activity, and your personal data helps fuel it.

Arthur Frayn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2023
Sonoma county, Calif.
Well, there really is no actual privacy when a person is online. After thinking it over, my wife likened writing about your life on social media to keeping a diary that is open the companies, govt and the general public can and will see. IMO, one should always keep this in the back of one's mind when posting details about one's personal life.

Also, clearing one's cache and cookies- periodically might be a good idea.

Last edited:
Although, I have no idea what that pic is of, I gather from reading through the thread that it is a Siri thing somehow. Like the talking teddy bear says, I disable Siri in all devices and turn off microphones except on the phone parts of things. Folks overly sensitive about privacy probably should just not use an iPhone.