The (Un)Official PipesMagazine Secret Santa Thread 2022!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andre_T

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 17, 2018
Long Island, New York
How to prepare for the end of secret santa 2022.
1, Reflect on your secret santa experience.
2, Be excited about your secret santa gift.
3, Smoke your secret santa gift eat your secret santa cookies and candy et cetera.
4, Post high praise about your secret santa.
5, Think of new memes for secret santa 2023.View attachment 194172
#5... Please.... I've been doing that for weeks already.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
As good as last years episode was, I feel this one exceeded it partly because we ended up knowing from whom we were receiving. I didn't much care for it at first, but I noticed that there wasn't a single hesitant comment this year about getting something that might not be "perfect" for the recipient. A couple (but only a couple) of those comments leaked out last year but not this one.

So in my opinion, I feel it worked out better because the gratitude notched up just a little bit higher, and people went with the flow about trying something new & different from their "preferred".

I wonder what it would be like if we kept the addresses and contributed again next year to our previous years recipient as well as the current one...?

I suspect some of you generous folk already do a little bit of that...

Cheers to all

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
As good as last years episode was, I feel this one exceeded it partly because we ended up knowing from whom we were receiving. I didn't much care for it at first, but I noticed that there wasn't a single hesitant comment this year about getting something that might not be "perfect" for the recipient. A couple (but only a couple) of those comments leaked out last year but not this one.

So in my opinion, I feel it worked out better because the gratitude notched up just a little bit higher, and people went with the flow about trying something new & different from their "preferred".

I wonder what it would be like if we kept the addresses and contributed again next year to our previous years recipient as well as the current one...?

I suspect some of you generous folk already do a little bit of that...

Cheers to all

I read through the 2021 SS thread a while back, and it didn't seem like anybody noticed they had been paired up. Even though Mike or Dan admitted that had been done for a couple of years. They probably would have gotten away with it again if it weren't for us meddling kids! :ROFLMAO:

One aspect of finding out the pairings is that when something goes wrong, it's a little easier to publicly deduce who the party at fault is. Perhaps that helps increase the pressure on everyone to make sure they deliver, but takes away from the organizer's ability to deal with mishaps discreetly.

I think I'd prefer to have fresh matches each time, but would be fine with any arrangement that works for the organizers. SS rocks!

B.Fee

Lifer
Nov 28, 2019
Honolulu / Colorado
I read through the 2021 SS thread a while back, and it didn't seem like anybody noticed they had been paired up. Even though Mike or Dan admitted that had been done for a couple of years. They probably would have gotten away with it again if it weren't for us meddling kids! :ROFLMAO:

One aspect of finding out the pairings is that when something goes wrong, it's a little easier to publicly deduce who the party at fault is. Perhaps that helps increase the pressure on everyone to make sure they deliver, but takes away from the organizer's ability to deal with mishaps discreetly.

I think I'd prefer to have fresh matches each time, but would be fine with any arrangement that works for the organizers. SS rocks!
I also was not aware that my secret santa and I were paired until you meddling kids let the bagged cat out. đŸ¤£
I also agree that what works best for the Commissar of Christmas works best for us. đŸ¤™

Status
Not open for further replies.