Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
20230104-212012.jpg

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
I've seen the Stillhouse at my local Specs, but haven't tried it yet. Your pic of the Dark and Stormy motivated me to go out and get the ingredients yesterday, I haven't had one yet, maybe tomorrow.
I've tried the Apple Crisp and Peach Tea flavors of Stillhouse and they are both good. The Peach Tea flavor is spot on.

Dark and Stormy is one of my regular drinks. The key is a good quality ginger ale/beer. I actually like the Kroger brand ginger beer, which is cost effective and as spicy as some of the premium brands.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
TX
I've tried the Apple Crisp and Peach Tea flavors of Stillhouse and they are both good. The Peach Tea flavor is spot on.

Dark and Stormy is one of my regular drinks. The key is a good quality ginger ale/beer. I actually like the Kroger brand ginger beer, which is cost effective and as spicy as some of the premium brands.
I had to look up how to make one.Goslings seems to takes the matter very serious. My local Walmart carried the ginger beer. Sounds delicious, I'm looking forward to trying it. Screenshot_20230104-211424~2.pngKIMG1742.JPG

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
I had to look up how to make one.Goslings seems to takes the matter very serious. My local Walmart carried the ginger beer. Sounds delicious, I'm looking forward to trying it. View attachment 192314View attachment 192315
Goslings is indeed the original rum for a Dark and Stormy. It's good stuff and it was my choice for years. I mostly drink the Whaler's Rare Reserve now though because here in Oregon, with our state controlled liquor prices, it's half the cost of Goslings, and it's excellent. I believe it is cheaper because it isn't imported (made in Kentucky).

The Goslings ginger beer is a good choice too. That's the real deal and I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
TX
I read where other people were making it with Kraken and other brands of black spiced rum, I'm sure that they're all good. The liquor store that I went to had a small black spiced rum selection, and they just happened to be carrying Goslings for $18.99 and my Walmart just happened to be carrying the same brand ginger beer (maybe I should buy a lottery ticket). I didn't see the Whaler's...I did look for it.