PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I am from India, so my Thanksgiving lunch would look different from others. Also, we don’t cook much at home anymore.

For Thanksgiving lunch I cooked after a long time (And a recipe which would sound simple but very difficult to get right)

It is a Chicken Cutlet … however the recipe from Kolkata India calls for marinating the chicken in Thai Birds Eye Chilli Pepper paste , Fresh Red Onion paste, fresh ginger paste, fresh garlic paste and vinegar before breading and frying. If you get it right, you will get a mild kick from the pepper, and mild nuances from everything else. It’s a very subtle recipe and the chicken comes out very juicy.

I can happily report I got it exactly right, even though I cooked it entirely from memory. My wife commented that it is better than what you get in a restaurant in Kolkata, India and my son was very happy about it well.

Now I am smoking Gawith Hoggarth and Company Dark Flake Aromatic in a Sixten Ivarsson Peewit

View attachment 183162
That sounds delicious.

I’m from here, the US, but I don’t cook a traditional meal. I was a professional chef for years and then my X ruined Thanksgiving with forced traditions.

So, I make a Pot Roast (with Elk if available) and some Mexican Chicken Soup.

The only traditional type of Turkey is Wild Turkey 101 in an Old Fashioned. Lol.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
That sounds delicious.

I’m from here, the US, but I don’t cook a traditional meal. I was a professional chef for years and then my X ruined Thanksgiving with forced traditions.

So, I make a Pot Roast (with Elk if available) and some Mexican Chicken Soup.

The only traditional type of Turkey is Wild Turkey 101 in an Old Fashioned. Lol.
I just made a big pot of rabbit stew and cornbread that I only got one bowl of. Heard no complaints about a lack of large poultry.

Status
Not open for further replies.