Status
Not open for further replies.

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
cardamom seeds? I don't konw.……
I now understand the Italian people's feelings about pineapples on pizza.:ROFLMAO: Of course, 30 years of cellaring is very good, 5 years have begun to change, 10 years or so has been satisfactory. And my friend, I believe your age will exceed three figures, Trust me, I know the Eight Diagrams of Yin and Yang:LOL:.
After smoking a hand rolled cigarette(mixture 79 inside) it's time to go to bed. Good night, everyone.

I am always delighted to see those different cultural approaches to pizza topping in times of global information. I never thought of doing wrong with cardamom in tea and still pineapple on pizza is to much for me. I also try to avoid chinese food in a german restaurant.

Smoking Black and Beauty in cob.

Last edited:

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Airing out some of the Virginia Gold Lemon that I soaked with lemon peel infused mead, with a pinch of English style Black Cavendish. Maybe this will give the soaked VA a better chance to stand out.
It needs a few more minutes before it's ready to be packed down the clay.

View attachment 182938

I hope so too. So far the soaked Virginia is a terrific smoke by itself. Just too light on the sauce.

I often think about how old the clay of my pipe is. Gotta be pretty old dirt, some of it. 😁
@Chaukisch What do you think the "Clay King 👑" needs to make it really special???

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
I guess it's very similar to Virginia. Tight pressing has a great influence on the degree of fermentation. Pu'er raw tea, which has been stored for more than 30 years (correctly and appropriately), will no longer be green and astringent, but will be more gentle. After taking a sip, the sweet taste in the mouth will be more rapid and strong, and the color of the tea soup will also change from gold to reddish brown, close to the cooked Pu'er tea.
Therefore, hoard some raw Pu'er tea like hoarding tobacco. You won't regret it.
i really had no idea what all this pu'erh tea talk was all about, then remembered a box of tea a friend gave us a few years ago after returning from a trip to china. Turns out we have some! Now what do i need to do to store it correctly!? 😦
IMG_2569.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just passing the quarter mark on this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs s my drink. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
i really had no idea what all this pu'erh tea talk was all about, then remembered a box of tea a friend gave us a few years ago after returning from a trip to china. Turns out we have some! Now what do i need to do to store it correctly!? 😦
View attachment 182958

Just store it like any Virginias. Did you ever try it?

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Did you ever try it?
Yes, we tried it when received...I can say we did not take right to it and it has remained appreciated but unconsumed in our cupboard. Going to try it again though, now that I am learning about it: "Pu-erh, which is processed in a special way to encourage microbial fermentation after the leaves are dried, ages more dynamically than any tea out there. It does not have fans. It has junkies who buy kilos of the stuff at a time to bliss out on days-long brewing sessions, only dropping out of their highs long enough to argue over the best pu-erh blends, growing regions, and storage methods."
Sounds good to me! :col:

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
Yes, we tried it when received...I can say we did not take right to it and it has remained appreciated but unconsumed in our cupboard. Going to try it again though, now that I am learning about it: "Pu-erh, which is processed in a special way to encourage microbial fermentation after the leaves are dried, ages more dynamically than any tea out there. It does not have fans. It has junkies who buy kilos of the stuff at a time to bliss out on days-long brewing sessions, only dropping out of their highs long enough to argue over the best pu-erh blends, growing regions, and storage methods."
Sounds good to me! :col:

I also read about it just right now. Especially on how the Chinese use to prepare that kind of tea. They wash it for a few seconds with the first gush of hot water, and pour that first brew away, then drinking the second, third…brewed with fresh water.

Status
Not open for further replies.