PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

isaac liu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 30, 2022
China wuhan
I prefer the raw aged also. I like to put a few cardamon seeds in sometimes.
I buy it loose but really like the pressed cakes.
I guess it's very similar to Virginia. Tight pressing has a great influence on the degree of fermentation. Pu'er raw tea, which has been stored for more than 30 years (correctly and appropriately), will no longer be green and astringent, but will be more gentle. After taking a sip, the sweet taste in the mouth will be more rapid and strong, and the color of the tea soup will also change from gold to reddish brown, close to the cooked Pu'er tea.
Therefore, hoard some raw Pu'er tea like hoarding tobacco. You won't regret it.

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
Airing out some of the Virginia Gold Lemon that I soaked with lemon peel infused mead, with a pinch of English style Black Cavendish. Maybe this will give the soaked VA a better chance to stand out.
It needs a few more minutes before it's ready to be packed down the clay.

20221124_164144 - Copy.jpg

Sounds good 👍 to me; hope it turns out like you hope it will. Did you enjoy it in the clay pipe?
The only sort of pipe to smoke "Clay King 👑" in:)
I think that "Clay King 👑" would be a very good name for a pipe baccy!
I hope so too. So far the soaked Virginia is a terrific smoke by itself. Just too light on the sauce.

Cool! I have a Xikar cigar cutter with mammoth ivory—I loved the idea of having something 10,000+ years old.
I often think about how old the clay of my pipe is. Gotta be pretty old dirt, some of it. 😁

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
Good day all. Feeling some better, although not up to smoke yet. Got tested. I am neg for covid, so this is another of those nasty viruses that fly around, causing havoc. Just wanted to let y'all know I'm alive and kickin. Enjoying reading all the posts. Have a smoke for me.;)

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
I guess it's very similar to Virginia. Tight pressing has a great influence on the degree of fermentation. Pu'er raw tea, which has been stored for more than 30 years (correctly and appropriately), will no longer be green and astringent, but will be more gentle. After taking a sip, the sweet taste in the mouth will be more rapid and strong, and the color of the tea soup will also change from gold to reddish brown, close to the cooked Pu'er tea.
Therefore, hoard some raw Pu'er tea like hoarding tobacco. You won't regret it.

To put some cardamom seeds into tea is a good idea, as mentioned earlier.

To be honest, Isaac, I don’t like Pu-er tea at all, kind of Hyperhidrosis Plantaris to me.

But the idea of maturing it the right way in approximately 30 years really gets me now. Unfortunately I doubt to reach that age.

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
They became extinct during the Ice Age, which can be interpreted as a fossil. But as a Chinese, I hate my compatriots' crazy love for rhinoceros horn and ivory. It's really sick:mad:

There had been a rhino campaign in South Africa a few years ago. You could spend some money and get a red soft plastic horn, which I glued to the front grill of my red german Polo. For half a year I had a lot of fun with laughing girls at traffic lights. Also i got some complaints the horn might hurt people, if it would have come to an accident.

As I observed a climate demonstration against coal mining for the newspaper, the police confiscated or better stole the red horn from the car. I was parking between their police cars.

isaac liu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 30, 2022
China wuhan
To put some cardamom seeds into tea is a good idea, as mentioned earlier.

To be honest, Isaac, I don’t like Pu-er tea at all, kind of Hyperhidrosis Plantaris to me.

But the idea of maturing it the right way in approximately 30 years really gets me now. Unfortunately I doubt to reach that age.
cardamom seeds? I don't konw.……
I now understand the Italian people's feelings about pineapples on pizza.:ROFLMAO: Of course, 30 years of cellaring is very good, 5 years have begun to change, 10 years or so has been satisfactory. And my friend, I believe your age will exceed three figures, Trust me, I know the Eight Diagrams of Yin and Yang:LOL:.
After smoking a hand rolled cigarette(mixture 79 inside) it's time to go to bed. Good night, everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.