PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Lately I've been going back a little more to whiskey, and some bourbon. I've been drinking in stages, some more, some not at all. I have not been much of a bourbon fan, and more of a whiskey fan, and now I am getting more into whiskey. I am now trying several tastings of woodford double oaked, and I get a lot of alcoholic aroma and enamel, then spicy, rough, and vaguely cereal, sherry, oak or wood, cooked fruit, sweet, caramel. But I don't know if it is that with the covid I have lost something in nose and taste, or that this distillate is not as tasty as I thought. I have been a regular consumer of brandy since the 90s. However with whiskey I do get better results, for example with Pikesville, of course, this is not bourbon. The only bourbon I remember tasting was jack daniels in the 90s. I don't even want to think that they can sneak me some fake distillate, I bought them all on amazon, it's the only way to buy drinks from the USA, which are not sold here in Spain. 🥴

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I began drinking beer again after years of never drinking it. I am not a big fan of it but it helps me to piss. I have kidney problems and believe it or not beer helps. My son brings it home and he is on a Modelo run and with a lime it isn't half bad. You all know the saying when it is clear you know it is beer, it makes me piss clear along with a lot of water. The water alone won't do it.

I still will drink my Grey Goose once a week or so when I want to get real buzzed. I have drank Goose forever as I am of Russian heritage and Vodka is my number one drink. I like Vodka Gimlets, Vodka and diet tonic with Lemons or Limes and Vodka and Cranberry.

I love Gin and tonics but Gin gives me a wicked hangover which the Goose never does. Does anyone know of a good Gin that is hangover proof, price is not a big deal.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I've only brewed a couple Brett beers. I leave it to the pros! Glad you enjoyed it. A well-brewed Brett beer is magic!
I only ever brewed a handful as well. I was always too scared of infecting my other stuff, hahaha. But yeah, that flavor profile is unlike anything else. Fell in love with it right away around 2007 or so. Hard to believe they were actually tough to find in those days!

Now you can’t swing a dead cat without hitting some kinda wild ale.

Home Brewing Piper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2021
NE Wisconsin
I only ever brewed a handful as well. I was always too scared of infecting my other stuff, hahaha. But yeah, that flavor profile is unlike anything else. Fell in love with it right away around 2007 or so. Hard to believe they were actually tough to find in those days!

Now you can’t swing a dead cat without hitting some kinda wild ale.
The first time I Googled "brettanomyces pellicle" I was horrified. That's not what you ever want to see in your fermenter. Unless you meant to. ;)

Reactions: TheIronMonkey