PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I'm a huge calvados fan but I don't buy it too often as I tend to get through it rather too quickly :rolleyes: .

Anyway, last week I thought I was due a bottle so opened up Amazon to see what they had on offer. Though I love the stuff I'm no connoisseur so usually buy Boulard brand which is ok for a low grade calvados.

This time I decided to try another brand, Chateau Du Breuil Pays D'auge. Again, a bit low end but according to the reviews a good choice. Well it turned out to be a great choice, in fact better than any Boulard I've had in the past....very 'appley', not too sweet & not too dry....just right.

71wgbrc4DdL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Regards,

Jay.

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
Spring has arrived here in Argentina. The plants are sprouting new growth/flowers and the birds are busy making love and nest building. Decided to open a cold bottle of IPA.

20220905-175941.jpg

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I'm a huge calvados fan but I don't buy it too often as I tend to get through it rather too quickly :rolleyes: .

Anyway, last week I thought I was due a bottle so opened up Amazon to see what they had on offer. Though I love the stuff I'm no connoisseur so usually buy Boulard brand which is ok for a low grade calvados.

This time I decided to try another brand, Chateau Du Breuil Pays D'auge. Again, a bit low end but according to the reviews a good choice. Well it turned out to be a great choice, in fact better than any Boulard I've had in the past....very 'appley', not too sweet & not too dry....just right.

View attachment 167138

Regards,

Jay.
Thanks Jay
Great to know