PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
A tenon replacement might be a solution. The tenon on my pipe does not fit very tightly. However, given the cost of the pipe (I don't think I paid more than the equivalent of US$50.00 for it), it's not really worth the $25 investment.
Yeah, I'll probably just leave it like it is. Perhaps a ring of cork stuck inbetween would soak up, store and over time release moisture without soiling the fingers and look pretty nice to boot.
When it starts to smell bad, replace it cheap. I think I'll try that!

Jun 23, 2019

You know the bottom of my meer is usually the lightest shade too, and given the shape it forms a very similar 'halo' effect as yours. I was just getting curious about it, interesting to see it on another meer.

- - -

:col: Happy weekend folks!

Still experimenting with the coin trick in this Nate King meerschaum prince, burning a bowl of cube-cut '17 SG Navy Flake:

wIBpkQsl.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a bunch of slices of cinnamon raisin French toast with a sliced peach on the side. I'm not far from finishing this bowl of year 2022 Mac Baren Burley London Blend in a smooth medium bend 2011 Rinaldo Collection Fiammata Silver Line 7 Odea 04 flame grain bulldog with a silver band and a tortoise shell acrylic saddle stem. Magnum Roastery Jamaican Blue Mountain, neat, is my drink.
Rinaldo Silver Line 7 Odea 04 bulldog .jpg

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I'm visualizing a lavender scented bubble bath, lukewarm, with granny panties and a spot of tea nearby to help enhance the Lakeland essence of the past.

I kid, but do enjoy your pipe pictures and concept of having them colored before you buy the estate pipe (or just force @weezell to color them for you). Again, I kid.

Apparently I have jokes today, which is not a bad thing.
That wins todays prize for the most perceptive post. I do force @weezell to color them for me, it saves a fortune due to TIRA (Tobacco Inflation Reduction Act) since I don't have to spend a fortune on the coloring thing which leaves tonnes of time to answer mindless questions and make smart arse posts! rotf

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
All the leaves are going brown and the sky is gray so I'm enjoying some Lager of hop and some good tobac in my new cob instead of the ol' clay, to celebrate this fine early autumn day. 😁

View attachment 169848

Enjoy your weekend, good brothers! puffy
@Chaukisch I hope you haven't given up on the old clay; it would be good to see it again...
I'm not really interested in non clay pipes apart from Cavendish's antique silver churchwarden...

Status
Not open for further replies.