Jim's C&D Carolina Red Flake 2022 Review.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
11:10 HST still on the shelf at SPC. I was away for a party for a day and night, I was really surprised coming back, it was not sold out hmm 🤔

Well I only bought one tin, and getting a tin of jolly old st nicholas, which sounds just as exciting to me.

I just can’t go wild buying loads of tins, I’ll try one, and if I’m in love, I hope to find it again later.

Reactions: UncleRasta
Jun 23, 2019
Is it still a 'small batch' if there are more annual tins than a 'regularly' produced blend?

How many tins of Gentleman Caller, Bayou Morning, or Autumn Evening do you reckon they sell a year?

That said, I've hyped myself into 3 tins for blending. :ROFLMAO:

Dec 11, 2021
Fort Collins, CO
I bought one. I started buying 3 of each small batch release. Then I started buying two. I’ve decided that at the rate I smoke, which is slowly, and with all the other blends I want to try, I figured 1 of each will probably set me up for decades, especially since this seems to be a once-a-month thing now.

Dec 11, 2021
Fort Collins, CO
My older son is showing interest in pipe smoking. So, whatever left over once I kick the bucket goes to him. Then again, anything my older son enjoys doing, my younger son picks up sooner or later. They can share. Only buy 5 tins for these type of release. But been slowing down lately.
I like to think about how awesome it’ll be if one or both of my boys pick up the hobby and they inherit a giant shit-show of a cellar one day! Kinda wish my dad smoked pipe!

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
M
I like to think about how awesome it’ll be if one or both of my boys pick up the hobby and they inherit a giant shit-show of a cellar one day! Kinda wish my dad smoked pipe!
My oldest has no interest in pipes. I have two that have picked up the pipe and the jury is still out on the twins as they are not of age but they show interest. My daughter might be a surprise. She loves my pipes and she is my shadow when I'm messing with my pipes and tobacco.

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
M

My oldest has no interest in pipes. I have two that have picked up the pipe and the jury is still out on the twins as they are not of age but they show interest. My daughter might be a surprise. She loves my pipes and she is my shadow when I'm messing with my pipes and tobacco.
My daughters are also intrigued by dad's pipe stuff weather it be restoring estates, or cutting briar or jarring tobacco, It's all so interesting to them. I'm not one to say I hope they start smoking but if it's between cigarettes or pipes I go 100% pipes every time. But I believe they are more interested in the art of it all then the actual act of smoking. So if the time comes I see them with a cigarette I'm tossing um in the trash and letting pick out the pipe and tobacco they like the most and sitting um down and have a smoke with them like I wish my dad had done with me.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
My daughters are also intrigued by dad's pipe stuff weather it be restoring estates, or cutting briar or jarring tobacco, It's all so interesting to them. I'm not one to say I hope they start smoking but if it's between cigarettes or pipes I go 100% pipes every time. But I believe they are more interested in the art of it all then the actual act of smoking. So if the time comes I see them with a cigarette I'm tossing um in the trash and letting pick out the pipe and tobacco they like the most and sitting um down and have a smoke with them like I wish my dad had done with me.
We have cool daughter's.

Oct 3, 2021
Southeastern PA
That's funny. I smoke in my office at home and my 1 daughter will walk in after school, take a big sniff and say, "ohhh, it smells so good in here." She also loves to check the tin/jar notes of all my jarred tobaccos.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
BnB has major stock issues. Multiple folks myself included have placed orders of in stock items that were later revoked. Lost 3 tins of Whimsical that way. Id get backup tins at SP now that theyre up if i were you.
LOL, yesterday it was it may be delayed, today it is "backorder" with an email at 6:12 a.m. but of course they are closed until Monday. Lesson learned, never again.

I wouldn't call it a stock issue, I'd call it bait and switch. Selling product they don't have in stock.

Cancelled the order yesterday, they are still emailing me. Good news is thanks to you I got some at SP!

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
LOL, yesterday it was it may be delayed, today it is "backorder" with an email at 6:12 a.m. but of course they are closed until Monday. Lesson learned, never again.

I wouldn't call it a stock issue, I'd call it bait and switch. Selling product they don't have in stock.

Cancelled the order yesterday, they are still emailing me. Good news is thanks to you I got some at SP!
Glad you got some!

Yeah, I didn’t really know what to call it, haha. IT issue, stock issue, whatever. I was trying to be polite in case they are a site sponsor or something. All I know is it screwed me out of 3 tins of whimsical, which I’m still looking to get ahold of, so I didn’t want the same to happen for anyone else.

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ

As I reported when the Gates opened up...SP took a dump (IT term for Site overload), so I ordered from TP which I received today. I see 3 sites still have a bunch available.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I hope it’s sweeter and lighter than Anthology. I’m not really liking Anthology, I find it quite savory, and it actually comes across Oriental Floral to me, which is odd, since the tin lists no Orientals in it.

My tin is still in transit, arriving this week.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I hope it’s sweeter and lighter than Anthology. I’m not really liking Anthology, I find it quite savory, and it actually comes across Oriental Floral to me, which is odd, since the tin lists no Orientals in it.

My tin is still in transit, arriving this week.
Your first sentence is true for the new CRF. The floral notes you get from Anthology are due to the bright Virginia.