PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have three Nordings, the above mentioned Zebra Hunting Pipe, one of his signed freehand's that was a gift from friends, and one of his econo-pipes from days of yore, an Eriksen, that is a sturdy work horse. All three are good smokers, durable, and pleasing to look at, to me. The Eriksen rustication is a little factory-made looking, but it's a good travel or outdoor pipe. I have more Savinelli, Petes, and Johs, but I like my Nordings.

Reactions: SaxonX

badbeard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2017
Kentucky, USA
I have not owned the Hunter series, but I have owned two Valhallas, a Classic, and a Compass. All were well made. The Valhallas and Classic were both on the hefty side for their size(particularly bowl heavy), so if you are a clencher you may not care for that. Finishes, drilling, and stems were as good or better than anything with a comparable price tag.

On the outsourcing thing, I sent Erik and email a while back about it and this was his direct response:
O8uClmF.png

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
The website referenced earlier has pretty much all the info there is about them. I have a couple of Woodcocks, a Hunter Anniversary, a Cheetah and a Ruffed Grouse. I sold a couple earlier this year. They are all really nice , the Cheetah in particular is a great shape. Just by coincidence I’m closing in on the original Pheasant as we speak. 😉

StPaulPiper

Might Stick Around
Dec 18, 2021
St Paul, MN
I never cared for Nordings much but that's why they made all kinds of pipes.
Yeah, my one Nording is an absolutely gorgeous churchwarden, but it smokes badly. Big gurgler. I smoke it once in a while anyway, using the driest tobacco I can, because it would be a crime not to smoke such a beautiful pipe, but I must admit, it has made me leery of buying more Nordings.... This thread actually gives me some hope. I may pull the trigger on another.

Attachments

• NordingChurch.jpg
    NordingChurch.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: kcghost

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
The website referenced earlier has pretty much all the info there is about them. I have a couple of Woodcocks, a Hunter Anniversary, a Cheetah and a Ruffed Grouse. I sold a couple earlier this year. They are all really nice , the Cheetah in particular is a great shape. Just by coincidence I’m closing in on the original Pheasant as we speak. 😉
And original Hunter Pheasant secured! It was on an individual’s site from across the pond and simply listed as “1995 Nording” , so sometimes you luck into them looking at endless photos vs. what a search engine will find. I was on the site via a search for a BBB, lol.

Reactions: SaxonX