PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
Greetings fellow pipers,
As the thread title suggests, I'm looking to get some feedback and information on Erik's Hunter series of pipes. Just happened to come across them the other day and one in particular caught my eye.

I know that there's been a couple of threads previously on Erick's pipes, and one in particular about the Hunter Series, but both are now closed. So if any of you guys have anything to share, I'd surely appreciate your input.

Happy smoking!

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I clicked on this topic hoping it would be about the Hunter series of tobacco blends.

elessar

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2019
I wonder if that is the correct orientation? I just assumed the 12ga side would the business end of the tamper. The other end is briar (I think) and shaped in such a way to fit the hand very nicely. I just haven't been able to bring myself to use the tamper as shown in the picture even if it is as intended.

May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
I wonder if that is the correct orientation? I just assumed the 12ga side would the business end of the tamper. The other end is briar (I think) and shaped in such a way to fit the hand very nicely. I just haven't been able to bring myself to use the tamper as shown in the picture even if it is as intended.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Would make sense, at least to my mind, to use the shell case end to tamp.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Briar works great as a tamping surface.