PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
They smartly didn't challenge it. No sense risking a penalty and subsequent power play - even a Kings power play (sorry @Servant King )
Challenge what? I assumed it was an “intent to whistle” call? My kid fell asleep so I’m watching without volume, and as any hockey fan knows, you can’t watch with subtitles because the damn things block 1/4 of the ice. What happened?

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
They smartly didn't challenge it. No sense risking a penalty and subsequent power play - even a Kings power play (sorry @Servant King )
Who needs a Kings PP when you have the Keystone Cops? :eek:

Edit: Of course, as soon as I insult their power play, they score on one. Naturally. I guess now I should insult their ability to come from behind and win dominantly... ?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Ugh. If the pens don't make it happen at home tonight I think that will end their hopes. Can't give a team hope of coming back from 3-1 like that and expect to win game 7 at MSG.

pipingfool

Can't Leave
Sep 29, 2016
Seattle, WA
I was pretty disheartened last night in the 3rd period of the Lightning game. The arena was absolutely electric right up until those back to back Leafs goals in the very last seconds of the 2nd.

But the Bolts pulled it off to force overtime and win it. It was almost painful to watch those guys skate. You could just see how gassed they all were.

Vasy had some absolutely magnificent saves towards the end to keep them in it.

If that is my last Lightning home game, then it was worth it. GO BOLTS!

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I was pretty disheartened last night in the 3rd period of the Lightning game. The arena was absolutely electric right up until those back to back Leafs goals in the very last seconds of the 2nd.

But the Bolts pulled it off to force overtime and win it. It was almost painful to watch those guys skate. You could just see how gassed they all were.

Vasy had some absolutely magnificent saves towards the end to keep them in it.

If that is my last Lightning home game, then it was worth it. GO BOLTS!
The bolts played well, and deserve the win. The Leafs did have some pretty darn crappy calls/non-calls go against them at significant moments in the game. Honestly, I don't think it would have changed the outcome, but I get whey they were pissed. Especially with the phantom high sticking that led to the 5 on 3 that evened up the game late. And Killorn holding Matthews for like an hour in the offensive zone, hahaha.

But that's hockey! You can't lose a series in one play.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
And the Caps fold like a duck. Looks like the Pens are well on the way to doing the same ?

Hopefully they can pull of some magic in game 7. If Dallas holds we’ll have 5 game 7s to watch this weekend! Although I’m fully expecting a Calgary comeback win tonight.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Turns out it was the fans fault! (Vs only one goal by Ovie, awful goaltending, inconsistent D and no Tom) I predicted out in five, so we got a bonus OT game to cry over. Again.

If the Panthers want to move on, they better be able to score on the PP. I think they went 0-for in the series?

1652527874610.png