PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Tabacco

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2020
GA - USA
Title edited for caps and emphasis. Rule 9! -jpm

I am looking for a good real leather two pipes bag/pouch, with a compartment for tobacco that can actually keep it moist for few days.
Has anybody purchased one from a US store (not Amazon, eBay, Etzy, ....), that he is happy with?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ChippewaAce

Tabacco

May 1, 2020
GA - USA
I have a leather tobacco pouch. It was cheap too. Bringham from smoking pipes. Not what you're asking about but... they're out there and rarely hear any complaints about any of them so....
Those Vintage pipe pouches are actually very nice.
The only problem, probably, is the compartment for the tobacco. I do not have a good experience with zippers as far as keeping the moisture, at least with the one I have.
But I may end up with one of those next time I order some tobacco. Thank you.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
SmokingPipes has a good choice.

You can always put your tobacco in ziplok baggies. You can then carry multiple blends in the tobacco compartment, which is what I do.

If you're planning a longer trip a separate 4-6 pipe bag + a large(r) tobacco pouch works

Otherwise do what a lot of members have advised - use a toiletry bag with separate pouches for pipes and ziplok baggies for tobacco.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Those Vintage pipe pouches are actually very nice.
The only problem, probably, is the compartment for the tobacco. I do not have a good experience with zippers as far as keeping the moisture, at least with the one I have.
But I may end up with one of those next time I order some tobacco. Thank you.
mine just folds over and the thing is I could actually go for it drying it out more.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
The only way to keep the pouch tobacco moist for a couple of days is a button humidifier. Just soak in distilled water for 1/2 hour, and drop in pouch. It’ll keep the tobacco for at least a long weekend (Thursday-Sunday)
Depends entirely on the pouch— mine is lined with (latex?) that keeps most air out. Also, the RH of the tobacco, your preferences for moisture, and ambient air all affect how well a pouch will keep the tobacco right. Mine usually last 5-6 days before I need to recharge the pouch.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2019
Al Pascia (site sponsor) in Italy makes some buttery soft leather products. A bit pricey, but the leather is fantastic.

That said, it's not padded like the White Spot one @MRW linked - which is probably one of the best choices out there. Just a shame Dunhill doesn't want to be associated with tobacco products

Tabacco

May 1, 2020
GA - USA
Al Pascia (site sponsor) in Italy makes some buttery soft leather products. .....
I totally I agree. I have one for my two Curvy's and I really like it. "Butterey soft" is the right description.

1hxUqFz.jpg

I was also surprised, recently, to realize that in spite of its small dimensions it can accomodate many of my pipes. Here with two Group 3 pipes. The black pouch is there just for comparison and actually it is the one that I have to retire and replace after fifteen years of good service.
The quality of the pouch is super, in fact I was close to order one more In the regular size, however, the zipper of the tobacco compartment does not help maintaining the tobacco moist, and that is the very reason why I opened this thread :).

Jbnpk1m.jpg

HSlJIBS.jpg

6DRFU8Z.jpg

Anyhow, today I was ordering some tobacco from Smokingpipes and I decided to add one of their pouches. Considering the price I thought I could give it a try while I am still looking for the perfect pipe and tobacco pouch...

SP1.jpeg

sp2.jpeg

Al Pascia (site sponsor) in Italy makes some buttery soft leather products. A bit pricey, but the leather is fantastic.

That said, it's not padded like the White Spot one @MRW linked - which is probably one of the best choices out there. Just a shame Dunhill doesn't want to be associated with tobacco products
Al Pascia leather products are top notch.

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
I have a pouch from Merchant Service pipes that I use exclusively for Sir Walter Raleigh Regular. I believe it’s real leather and it’s lined with that rubber/latex material which could seriously keep tobacco fresh for weeks. I generally replenish it about once a week and have never had my tobacco dry out on me. It’s a fold-over pouch, as opposed to one that employs a zipper, which keeps it airtight, and the tobacco much fresher. Once you find a pouch you like, you’ll feel silly for having lugged around jars in the past.20C4FA62-7AD4-4287-A0B6-ADBF6597329E.jpeg1BC65144-D690-43F9-BEA2-54314966B1B4.jpeg