PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Pipesandstuff

Might Stick Around
Aug 9, 2021
Orlando, Fl
Anybody like Vauens? They're probably the largest percentage of my measly pipe collection, well priced all have been really well made and they're in styles I haven't found elsewhere. Rattray's are a close second.
I only have one Vauen, but I know I'll get more. It's a great pipe and I think Vauen has an interesting history. I love a lot of their pipes of the year aesthetics, especially their dublins.

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
2 Kaywoodies (new production)
1 Savinelli
1 bones
1 altinay meerschaum
Lots of cobs

I spend more of my $ on tobacco than pipes. That said, of the sparse number of pipes I have, I could see the number of Kaywoodies growing because I think they are the best deal on the market for their price (of the pipes I’ve tried), retailing at under $50 a pipe. I also really like that they’re an American company with a storied history.

I love the pipes I have and don’t feel I am missing out on much by not smoking the artisan pipes, but who knows? Maybe I’ll try a hand-made pipe in a decade when I’m feeling less parsimonious and wonder why I never bought a few of them earlier. But for now, I’ll keep on smokin’ what I got. puffy

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
They're all mine. At least after I returned one borrowed from a friend a few years ago.
Ah, that explains the comments that you make about throwing away a pipe that you don't like...
Good for you. Perhaps some time I'll try my hand at making my own pipe(s), and hopefully keep more than I'd have to throw away.