PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
There speaks a VERY disciplined person ?
Yes.
But all work and no play can make Brendo a dull boy..

(I have to re-watch The Shining to see what becomes of that fine fellow that said that).

Anyway, that said @OzPiper , if you ever feel the need move an 'old britwood' of yours along, I'm only a stones throw away!.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
With so many great pipes and makers out there, I haven’t collected any from the same company/carver.

Oh wait, I have a three MM Cobs... LOL ?

1. One Bay Denmark ??
2. One Dr. Grabow ??
3. Three MM Cobs ??
4. One Moretti ??
5. One Peterson ??
6. One Radice ??
7. One Walt Cannoy ??

9 pipes total... :)

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
With so many great pipes and makers out there, I haven’t collected any from the same company/carver.

Oh wait, I have a three MM Cobs... LOL ?

1. One Bay Denmark ??
2. One Dr. Grabow ??
3. Three MM Cobs ??
4. One Moretti ??
5. One Peterson ??
6. One Radice ??
7. One Walt Cannoy ??

9 pipes total... :)
I'd love to see the Cannoy

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I would have to lock a guy to his bench and make him work 14 hours a day 7 days a week for quite some time. I think artisan pipe makers could put out more pipes if they were willing to put the time in. I know what it is like to work like a dog as I use to work 65 hours a week in the car biz, and over 100 hours a week when I opened my first business.
Come on man, I know you often like to talk about $$$$ and that's you and that's okay but . . . . maybe your favorite artisan pipe makers are your favorite because the high quality of their work reflects whatever lifestyle they choose and however they organize their craft - I know an artisan with a "real" job - probably works as many hours has you ever did when he thinks he needs to, like anyone else, probably a success at "work" and with family and he makes great pipes.

Hard to impose our values on other folks.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Wow, just 2.

I have to salute you now, as per my earlier post.

Salutations!
total of 10 pipes trying to get it down to nine. And then back up to ten. I want to get some lakelands blends but feel like that is a ghost I don't need in my other pipes. But Petersons are what I have the most of at 2 and both great pipes.