PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
So far the winner of the Golden Ticket is craig with 70 Petersons.
I don't consider it a lot, not when you spread that over 32 years. Works out to about 2 pipes per year.

I've always had an affinity towards Petersons. A shape 69 Limerick was the first real name brand pipe I ever bought, in 1990. Perhaps having an Irish Sir name and the whole Irish heritage thing is a big factor in what drove me to purchase so many over the years. That and a local shop which carried the Peterson brand and had a decent inventory of them.

But I suppose at 70 pipes, you could say I'm the BDD, the Mac of Petersons...

Sir Yak

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 15, 2022
Arkansas

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
THUD (that was my jaw hitting the floor). That’s a fine spread of briars.
Very nice collection!
Forgot about the 1955 seven day set............. so I guess I'm at 75 total.

You ever get crazy and smoke that Sunday pipe on a weekday? Nice set!
Thanks Guys!
Since I retired I usually don't even know what day of the week it is!!...................... puffy

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I don't consciously set out to collect a particular brand, rather genres eg old Britwoods and Bulldogs (and better still of they're old BritWood Bulldogs).

In the process I've ended up with 6-10 of each of the following brands - Barling, Comoy, Dunhill, Loewe, Peterson and Stanwell.

I buy pipes based on their looks, rather than if they are a specific brand. There are makers and brands I like, but there are pipes made by them that I would never buy because I dislike the shape or finish.

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
I'm not going to count but for me it's definitely Peterson. I'm a big fan of their Army Mount pipes and have at least 10 of those I can count of the top of my head. I've been on a Pete bulldog kick for the past couple years and have probably half a dozen of those. And then a variety of estate Pete's I've picked up over the years.

I think I've got 10 Dunhills, all picked up as estates. All great smokers but I usually reach for my Pete's nowadays. I've got at least half a dozen Savinelli's so that's probably the fourth most for me because I've also got at least a dozen Missouri Meerschaum cobs that I usually only smoke if I'm working outside or fishing.