I.P.S.D. Sales - How dysfunctional Were You?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe
36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes
36 Fresh Ropp Pipes
120 Fresh Peterson Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
TX
The 15% discount got the better of me last night. I "disordered" one of the Savinelli Autographs that was under consideration for my birthday, and went the other extreme and paired it with a Ropp Etudiant (a tenth of the price) that I'd been thinking about for months. Looking at the Autograph, I thought I'd be sad if someone bought it on sale and I didn't see it anymore. That told me I really wanted it.
That's what gets me, the "What ifs..." But if I gave in everytime, I would be broke and homeless. Then one night when I had to leave my spot under the bridge to walk in to the gas station and do a number 2, another bum would steal all my pipes and tobacco. It's already played out in my head, I have to draw a line somewhere.

Meerly John

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2021
Mid-USA
1 box (5 tins) Romeo Y Julieta Mini White Original
1 box (5 tins) Romeo Y Julieta Mini Red Aroma

That was all I could convince myself I 'needed'. Not really in the spirit of the holiday ?‍♂️. I had debilitating PAD/TAD all last year, but it seems to be in remission, for now.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I bought a couple of 70s compilation CDs just for one song from Edison Lighthouse and one song from Hamilton, Joe Frank and Reyonolds. “Having My Baby” is on neither because I don’t want to hear it even by mistake - on the other hand, “Seasons In The Sun” couldn’t be avoided, unfortunately.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
TX
I bought a couple of 70s compilation CDs just for one song from Edison Lighthouse and one song from Hamilton, Joe Frank and Reyonolds. “Having My Baby” is on neither because I don’t want to hear it even by mistake - on the other hand, “Seasons In The Sun” couldn’t be avoided, unfortunately.
I like Nirvana's version of Seasons In The Sun, kinda sad watching and knowing what was ahead for Kurt. https://youtu.be/heIog9Rv7Qw

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
I took care of my wants needs over the past couple weeks, and I'm proud to say that I relied exclusively on the forum to do so. Got a couple tins of a discontinued favorite, Drew Estate Gatsby Luxury Flake, and picked up a beautiful Savinelli Tortuga 614 Hungarian (Oom Paul) to replace my Savinelli Mattone 601 bent billiard I no longer use.

If I had a little less self-control, I'd probably capitulate to the SP sale like the rest of you fine gentlemen surely did. TAD's got another year to work on wearing down my willpower. ?

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
From whence does this sigh come?

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why:
That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts. It cuts down on posts or PMs asking where you are.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

JKoD

Part of the Furniture Now
May 9, 2021
IN
Stopped at a B&M today…got an 8oz bag of margate, tin of Bridge Old Brown Flake and 2 tins of Balkan Sobranie at fair B&M prices. So, opened the OBF for a bowl since never had it, jarred it and will smoke periodically…the rest got shelved. It was really tempting to just buy the rest of the bags of esoterica for that price and also all of the Germain’s tins but, I just can’t do it…someone else will have a glorious day when they see it on the shelf and have the chance to buy it at retail.