I.P.S.D. Sales - How dysfunctional Were You?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

RobNYC

Lifer
Dec 10, 2021
Queens, N.Y.
I figured since the I.P.S.D sales are underway, it would be interesting for everyone to share the extent of their disorders. It's always good to know that you aren't alone. This is where my disorder has led me up to now:

One lb. Haunted Bookshop
One lb. HH Bold Kentucky
One lb. HH Old Dark Fired
One lb. Dark Bird's Eye
One lb. Winchester
Two lbs. Pegasus
Two lbs. Three Friars
Four oz. Ennerdale

Randy Wiley Bent Brandy

002-093-2773.9278.jpg

Caminetto Bent Egg
004-006-33583.1649.jpg

Ser Jacopo Delecta Bent Billiard
004-006-33641.6470.jpg

Along with 400 pipe cleaners and a couple of shank brushes.

I'm hoping to see a few who went further overboard, so I can rationalize and so forth...Happy I.P.S.D. in advance!

I used to look forward to this day every year for the spiritual significance, reverence, and holiness of it all... but now all of the commercial outlets have ruined it with their petty greed for the almighty dollar, trying to squeeze just one more penny out of us. I resisted. I'm just not going to buy anything this month, and I will celebrate IPSD in my own private and sanctimonious way. puffy

RobNYC

Lifer
Dec 10, 2021
Queens, N.Y.
I used to look forward to this day every year for the spiritual significance, reverence, and holiness of it all... but now all of the commercial outlets have ruined it with their petty greed for the almighty dollar, trying to squeeze just one more penny out of us. I resisted. I'm just not going to buy anything this month, and I will celebrate IPSD in my own private and sanctimonious way. puffy
That is to be highly respected. For 2023, I may just keep this in mind.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
TX
I figured since the I.P.S.D sales are underway, it would be interesting for everyone to share the extent of their disorders. It's always good to know that you aren't alone. This is where my disorder has led me up to now:

One lb. Haunted Bookshop
One lb. HH Bold Kentucky
One lb. HH Old Dark Fired
One lb. Dark Bird's Eye
One lb. Winchester
Two lbs. Pegasus
Two lbs. Three Friars
Four oz. Ennerdale

Randy Wiley Bent Brandy

View attachment 129441

Caminetto Bent Egg
View attachment 129442

Ser Jacopo Delecta Bent Billiard
View attachment 129445

Along with 400 pipe cleaners and a couple of shank brushes.

I'm hoping to see a few who went further overboard, so I can rationalize and so forth...Happy I.P.S.D. in advance!
I was eyeballing that Caminetto but I showed some restraint and blew my money on a different pipe.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I chose the "reverent and sanctimonious" digital version of "shopping locally".

I bought two tobacco lots from 2 forum members.

5 tins of Mississippi River Special Reserve (4 oz. each, 20 oz. total)
1 can of Peter Heinrich Dark Strong Flake (200 g.)
1 can of GLP Jackknife Plug (8 oz.)
1 can of GLP Triple Play (8 oz.)

2 Small Batch Carolina Flake
2 Small Batch Sansepolcro
2 Gl Pease Regents Flake
1 Gl Pease Union Square
1 Erik Stokkebye 1931 100g
2 Astleys #44

1645218790945.jpeg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
The 15% discount got the better of me last night. I "disordered" one of the Savinelli Autographs that was under consideration for my birthday, and went the other extreme and paired it with a Ropp Etudiant (a tenth of the price) that I'd been thinking about for months. Looking at the Autograph, I thought I'd be sad if someone bought it on sale and I didn't see it anymore. That told me I really wanted it.