The (Un)Official PipesMagazine Secret Santa 2021!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
So I'm excited to say that I rec'd a pkg that was waiting for me when I made it home for lunch today. As promised, I waited nigh onto 5 minutes before I dug into it. Needless to say, what I found inside caused me to pause. It was actually a really nice gift wrapped presentation worthy of placing under a tree. (I didn't do that for my recipient) So I have hesitated, although my patience may not last long. ?
Thanks for the opportunity to practice restraint. I'm already planning on failing early. rotf

Attachments

• Secret Santa Pkg 2021.JPG
    Secret Santa Pkg 2021.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 8

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
So I'm excited to say that I rec'd a pkg that was waiting for me when I made it home for lunch today. As promised, I waited nigh onto 5 minutes before I dug into it. Needless to say, what I found inside caused me to pause. It was actually a really nice gift wrapped presentation worthy of placing under a tree. (I didn't do that for my recipient) So I have hesitated, although my patience may not last long. ?
Thanks for the opportunity to practice restraint. I'm already planning on failing early. rotf
That looks a lot like the gift wrapping from SP

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Well, as of 3pm today my SS items were boxed, sealed, and shipped off to their destination. I meant to do it earlier but travel intervened. I'm assured by the carrier that it'll be there by Wednesday. Given my propensity for Christmas shopping at 7-11 the night of the 24th that seems to me like plenty of time before the holiday.

You might be interested to know that I was able to save $0.27 by using USPSHHS™ instead of UPS or the dreaded FedEx. It turns out to be a USPS experimental way to deliver packages on a timely basis. Postal employees are sent out with as many boxes as they can carry and ordered to hitchhike in the direction of the recipients. Ironically most of them are being picked up by Amazon trucks and getting the packages delivered in record time. It's more of a revival than innovation actually; apparently it started during the Great Depression when lost luggage was routinely sent back to its owner that way.

1639175381994.png

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Well, as of 3pm today my SS items were boxed, sealed, and shipped off to their destination. I meant to do it earlier but travel intervened. I'm assured by the carrier that it'll be there by Wednesday. Given my propensity for Christmas shopping at 7-11 the night of the 24th that seems to me like plenty of time before the holiday.

You might be interested to know that I was able to save $0.27 by using USPSHHS™ instead of UPS or the dreaded FedEx. It turns out to be a USPS experimental way to deliver packages on a timely basis. Postal employees are sent out with as many boxes as they can carry and ordered to hitchhike in the direction of the recipients. Ironically most of them are being picked up by Amazon trucks and getting the packages delivered in record time. It's more of a revival than innovation actually; apparently it started during the Great Depression when lost luggage was routinely sent back to its owner that way.

View attachment 113951
We need a “Secret Santa Post Hall of Fame” for posts like this. Bravo, Jon!

Status
Not open for further replies.