The (Un)Official PipesMagazine Secret Santa 2021!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKoD

Part of the Furniture Now
May 9, 2021
IN
Is it uncouth to send two new tins along with good portioned jars of tobacco you know you won’t smoke? Asking for a friend.
Or, can we start a bomb box titled “unwanted tobacco” that people sign up to receive. They take what they want and put in an equal amount of what they don’t? Only cost is shipping the box. Might require several boxes, but put a limit to what fits into a standardized cost box? I’d be happy to start a box if people are cool with it. Never know what surprises might show up for you. No names, no credit. Just a revolving box(boxes) of tobacco to make it fun. Only person you know is who shipped your direction and who you ship to next in line. Anyone game? I think we have enough honor system for it to work.

Reactions: FLDRD

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Is it uncouth to send two new tins along with good portioned jars of tobacco you know you won’t smoke? Asking for a friend.
Or, can we start a bomb box titled “unwanted tobacco” that people sign up to receive. They take what they want and put in an equal amount of what they don’t? Only cost is shipping the box. Might require several boxes, but put a limit to what fits into a standardized cost box? I’d be happy to start a box if people are cool with it. Never know what surprises might show up for you. No names, no credit. Just a revolving box(boxes) of tobacco to make it fun. Only person you know is who shipped your direction and who you ship to next in line. Anyone game? I think we have enough honor system for it to work.
A 'Box Pass' was tried on here a few years ago if I remember correctly. I'm not sure what happened to it.

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)

Tbh I was curious why there has not been a public pass around or blowing each other mailbox up with tobaccobombs. But maybe these are kind of under the radar on this forum and not publicly organised.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Sounds like something that may work but focused on Santa in this thread! No doubt someone may get a tin I may not want but only if it matches their preferences and I think they will enjoy it - could be in a bag, but not out of one I’ve been opening and sampling out of. Picked up a couple extra ounces of a couple of things I ordered recently that seemed well received in here - if my victim likes that variety then Merry Xmas!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA

2v23FkJCMx3L6Bn.png

The List So Far....
~70~

If you signed up, please make sure that your screen name is here!
If it is not, please go to the first post in this thread and read it!

Ahi Ka
aquadoc
Bayareabriar
beefeater33
Bengel
BluegrassBrian
brooklynpiper
captainsousie
Charlie718
Chris Streeper
cigarsmker
CoffeAndBourbon
cohibajoe
condorlover1
cosmicfolklore
Crapgame
d4k23
DanWil84
Devil Anse
Elasmo
eslavs
F4RM3R
Fbg121
FLDRD
HawkeyeLinus
Heavysmokertn
Humblepipe
Jacob74
jaytex1969
jguss
Jimmy_jack
JKoD
Jmg81
Jmill208
jvnshr
kanaia
keith929
Kozeman
Lightxmyfire
Lotus Eater
lukasstrifeson
Marc75
Michigan_Bill
Mikethompson
mtwaller
OlJawBone
peteguy
PipeIT
PipenWheels
PipesRock
sablebrush52
SBC
scloyd
Shaintiques
Skeeter456
Solideogloria86
Spartacus
spicy_boiii
Spinkle
Spookedpiper
Tar Wheel
Trouttimes
TwoOneFive
UncleRasta
Username
wayoutwest
weezell
Winton
Woodsroad

If you signed up, please make sure that your screen name is here!
If it is not,
please go to the first post in this thread and read it!

Attachments

• 2v23FkJCMx3L6Bn.png
    2v23FkJCMx3L6Bn.png
    403.9 KB · Views: 0

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA

Yes.
Or, can we start a bomb box titled “unwanted tobacco” that people sign up to receive.
A Box Pass ran here on the forum quite successfully for several years. I ran it for quite a while. There were a few snags from time to time, but nothing that a threatening phone call from me couldn't fix. Then I passed the torch, and after a while, it all went to hell. The problem is that you need a dictator to run it, and that psychopath individual needs to keep a firm grip on the rudder at all times. It's a lot of work. To the participants, it looks like nothing, but there's a lot of behind the scenes record-keeping, emails and maintenance that needs to go on in order for the illusion of self-propulsion to continue.

Reactions: UncleRasta

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
New to the series this year but that sounds pretty cool to me. Good for laughs and might find something great. "One man's trash is another man's treasure ..."

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
New to the series this year but that sounds pretty cool to me. Good for laughs and might find something great. "One man's trash is another man's treasure ..."
I guess everyone can disregard, I read further and found out about the nightmare of keeping it moving along.....

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Read through that thread, you'll get an idea of what went on. I took over around page 49. There is a continuation thread that started after page 83 that went on for many, many pages that seems to have been disappeared by the powers that be at some point. Too bad. I'm sure that I had many amazingly insightful and cuttingly witty things to say in there. In retrospect, that's probably what got it deleted.

5bc45c5d85600a31416f0bd0.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: HawkeyeLinus

Jimmy_Jack

Can't Leave
Jun 24, 2021
Yes.

A Box Pass ran here on the forum quite successfully for several years. I ran it for quite a while. There were a few snags from time to time, but nothing that a threatening phone call from me couldn't fix. Then I passed the torch, and after a while, it all went to hell. The problem is that you need a dictator to run it, and that psychopath individual needs to keep a firm grip on the rudder at all times. It's a lot of work. To the participants, it looks like nothing, but there's a lot of behind the scenes record-keeping, emails and maintenance that needs to go on in order for the illusion of self-propulsion to continue.
I actually was speaking to the mods about doing this. Id love to talk offline about it and get another one going in the new year. I will take the reigns if thats cool. LMK

Reactions: woodsroad
Status
Not open for further replies.