12 Fresh Estate Pipes
2 Fresh Silver Gray Pipes
18 Fresh IMP Meerschaum Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

My son replaced a radiator on a Outback turbo by watching a video. I helped and it went well.

I don’t as a rule so much else than maintainance. If I need more, I go with people who have experience and the proper tools.
I rebuilt a master brake cylinder with youtube help. It amazes me that there is so much information on there.

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
And, with the money I save, I can have white dots put on all of my pipe stems. puffy
Forget the body kit and just get one of these
ebay184403.jpg

That Guy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 8, 2021
Central Florida
My son replaced a radiator on a Outback turbo by watching a video. I helped and it went well.

I don’t as a rule so much else than maintainance. If I need more, I go with people who have experience and the proper tools.
I'm not sure about the Outbacks I just have experience working on the WRX STIs and nothing is easy to get to or work on

Forget the body kit and just get one of these
ebay184403.jpg
Back when I was collecting VW bugs, before the Bug boom and everyone started collecting them, I couldn't find a Ghia or a Thing anywhere. I had extra engines on blocks, extra trannies setting in boxes, everything to make a nice Karmen Ghia, but no body anywhere. I sold it all off in the first divorce, and all of a sudden they were everywhere. It's weird how that works.

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
Back when I was collecting VW bugs, before the Bug boom and everyone started collecting them, I couldn't find a Ghia or a Thing anywhere. I had extra engines on blocks, extra trannies setting in boxes, everything to make a nice Karmen Ghia, but no body anywhere. I sold it all off in the first divorce, and all of a sudden they were everywhere. It's weird how that works.
I’ve only had one divorce, but you have them numbered. ??

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
Well, given your history with VW’s I think a Ghia is the right choice. You can’t beat the styling, it checks the convertible box and it seems like maintenance would not be a problem or a financial hardship for you. I would want A//C and better heat but I imagine a Ferrari would have the same issues.
I live vicariously through a number of my friends and acquaintances- buy something cool and post about it so I can add you to the list:)
(I drive a Mazda hatchback so help me out)

That Guy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 8, 2021
Central Florida
My process for important decision making goes like this
. Due extensive research
. Consider if it's going to put a financial strain on me
. Consider (long term) if it's going to hold it's value and go up in value
. Consider (short term) if I had to sell tomorrow how quick could I sell and can I get my money back
. Realize it's my hard earned money and it's ok to reward myself with something I'm going to enjoy and find happiness owning

I'm sure you've probably already thought of all these things though

Things you need to know up front:

• The EPA neutered sports cars of this era for the "environment". I am pretty sure the car only put out a little more than 200HP brand new so, it only looks fast. As a consolation, I think the 'Vette of the same era was around 180HP :)
  • 0-60 time brand new was 7.3 seconds. Even at her age now, she should still be able to beat a Prius off the line :)
  • They are basically handmade beauty queens and pretty fragile. I threw out 2nd gear in a similar Ferrari and it ended up costing me $16,000 to rebuild the tranny and it took 8 months! Don't get me started on the suspension..... Let's just say do your best to avoid the potholes or it will get very expensive very quickly...
  • The engine is an absolute work of art! The Jewel of the car. Being that it has overhead cams, you want to make sure you inspect the timing chain at regular intervals and replace if there's even a hint of wear. If you lose a timing chain, the whole engine will grenade and then you will have a very sexy Garage Queen.
  • This is NOT a daily driver but she likes to be driven or things start sticking and she starts making strange noises that sound expensive... Kinda like my second Ex-Wife
  • IT's a Ferrari! I hope you like people because you will never, ever be able to go anywhere in peace. From the Fart-pipe cars (READ: noisy Honda Civics and their ilk) on the streets wanting to race you, to the folks in the parking lots of your favorite burger joint, EVERYONE is going to want to chat about your car.
If the above doesn't scare you off then you should buy it. It's a World icon automobile and they won't be any cheaper than they are right now and damn, is she sexy! Look at her lines! That car was designed 40 years ago! Timeless....