SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Ok, so for $35,000 (cheaper than most family cars) I can have a 1982 Ferrari gtsi, the very car that Magnum PI drove. I know, I know... it's an older car, older AC, older stereo, but I would always drive it with the top down, and the only song I would need would be the Magnum PI theme song.

Talk me out of this!! puffy Before I do something that Mrs Cosmic will kill me for.

1632843611888.png

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
The upfront price will be the smallest investment. Are parts still readily available? At what cost? What area mechanics are available and what will they charge? You're talking about a forty year old car. If you don't have anything better to do than tinkering with this antique all the time, go for it. Personally, I wouldn't give $5,000 for it considering all the aggravation that comes with it. But that's just me.

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
Ok, so for $35,000 (cheaper than most family cars) I can have a 1982 Ferrari gtsi, the very car that Magnum PI drove. I know, I know... it's an older car, older AC, older stereo, but I would always drive it with the top down, and the only song I would need would be the Magnum PI theme song.

Talk me out of this!! puffy Before I do something that Mrs Cosmic will kill me for.

View attachment 99889
Get it! I love old technology

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
foggy mountain, a former Forums member, God rest his soul, bought a top-of-the-line Mercedes sport convertible, a total dream car. But it became a nightmare for foggy. The car's computers drove him nuts, and it was just no fun. He went back to his Ford SUV, as I recall.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016

When is the last time your gut instinct said "Talk me out of this" then you went forward with it anyway, and ended up thinking "Yep! That was a great idea!"

Last edited:

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Ok, so for $35,000 (cheaper than most family cars) I can have a 1982 Ferrari gtsi
That's actually very inexpensive for that car. Like half price or better.

If you want it for what it is and just as a toy I say go for it. If you intend to drive it on a daily basis then you'll spend a small fortune on maintenance and repairs.

Or do what I did a few weeks ago and buy a new Alfa Romeo. Used models still with factory warranty go for that price and will be a lot less expensive than the Ferrari. Plus they are a ton of fun to drive.