Morning Coffee and a Pipe

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

That's Chock Full O' Nuts, I believe. At least that's the jingle I remember from the mid 90s... ?
NO, no! It's the heavenly coffee!!
I don't think we had access to this one down here, but when my grandparents moved to Oklahoma for a brief period, I do remember seeing the commercials. It's weird to think of coffee as nuts, but I guess it is. I'm not sure if it is a true legume bean or a nut or seed of some sort.
I do have a friend who grows her own tea, but it would be interesting to see if coffee would grow at all in the continental US.
1631733682609.png

HitchensDog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2020
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
The dogs are a blessing all by themselves. It is amazing how much joy our furry friends bring us.
You're absolutely correct. My (outdoor) cat was my buddy for many years sitting in the back every morning with my pipe. He passed recently, and my morning pipe hasn't been the same. I didn't realize how attached I was to him until he was gone.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
You're absolutely correct. My (outdoor) cat was my buddy for many years sitting in the back every morning with my pipe. He passed recently, and my morning pipe hasn't been the same. I didn't realize how attached I was to him until he was gone.
I am very sorry for the loss of your pet, dear friend. I love these animals so noble and affectionate............QKIOE4300.JPG

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Interesting Wiki info.

Chock full o'Nuts is an American brand of coffee that originated from a chain of New York City coffee shops.

Its unusual name derives from the 18 nut shops that founder William Black (c. 1902 – 1983) established under that banner in the city beginning in 1926. When the Great Depression struck, he converted them to lunch counters, serving a cup of coffee and a sandwich for five cents.[1]

In time, the brand grew popular, being introduced to the consumer market through grocery stores starting in 1953. Today, it is owned by coffee giant Massimo Zanetti Beverage Group, the largest privately held firm in the industry.

1631741809685.jpeg

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I wake up every morning just before the sun comes up, grab a cup of my mass produced, non hipster approved, Maxwell House, and set on my back deck to watch the sun come up with my pipe. I will drink a Starbucks or whatever swill is being served at independent roasters, but it's not what I enjoy the most. I think it's whatever you get used to. If you drink primarily hipster Ethiopian whoopsie blend, pour overs, then you get used to that as your favorites.

Just like there are guys who only smoke Carter Hall or Granger, not everyone likes the same things. Me? I especially love a cup of coffee at about 2PM, when the pot has had time to set on the burner for a whole day and cook. Man, that is the best cup of coffee. Like on Barney Miller, when Detective Yamena made the coffee... That's the good stuff.
View attachment 97533
I don't even know what to say.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Great, now I have to try that. Just another thing to drive the wife nuts with.
You won't regret it and you can purchase your green coffee beans from so many different individual growers from around the world. But your coffee, will never taste the same. I can't even begin to explain the difference between fresh home roasted coffee and anything else.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I definitely enjoy a good cup of Joe and a pipe in the morning but I damn sure don’t want to see any sunrises or even a hint of one. And getting up and being mobile in the god forsaken darkness when only owls and vampires are moving about is absolutely not happening. ?
Sometimes my wife tries talking to me in the morning before my left eye is even open. Granted, sometimes that takes 3 cups of coffee first, but still.