Votes: 11 9.2%
  • Smoke Mainly Inside My Home/Yard

Votes: 34 28.3%
  • About Evenly Split

Votes: 13 10.8%

• Total voters
Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
When my wife and I quit the cigs, we quickly realized we had to paint the entire interior, and clean or replace drapes, furniture (cushions absorb it), etc. Now I smoke pipes and sometimes cigars, but exclusively outside (on my porch or in my yard). Even in the dead of winter here. I do have a garage that would be okay to smoke in, but I'm just used to doing it outside.
When I was dating my former spouse her clothes smelled like cigarettes because her parents smoked indoors.

• Sad
Reactions: anotherbob

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Nearly entirely at home and inside. I've toted my pipe on walks, but usually run out of leaf, so I'm a man carrying a pipe. I sometimes take a pipe on a trip, and then judiciously seek out a non-contentious spot to smoke, like away from the front door, or in a distant part of the parking lot at a motel. Some places offer pleasant seating outdoors and ashtrays, but that's a special treat. Around town, it's too much diplomacy and scouting for a place, and by the time it's all negotiated, it's not relaxing. It's demoralizing to get reprimanded, especially where the rules aren't clear, and I just feel dissed. I'm looking for meditative relaxation, not a brawl. Also, I am considerate of people who have real medical problems -- asthma, COPD, chemical sensitivities (sometimes from chemo) etc. I don't want to make someone miserable to make myself feel serene.
I only smoke on my front porch. New house also has front porch, and back patio. So, I won't disturbing others. But anyone trespassing on my property is a fair game.

If I am there, I’m smoking.

When we had a new section added to the house, my wife designed herself a bathroom with a fancy hot tub. She told me I couldn’t smoke in there, amd I just nodded in acknowledgment.
Then she asked me to adjust her shower door, so I told her that I’d do it when I wasn’t smoking my pipe.
She sighed… “but, you’re always smoking a pipe.”
I said, “yep.”
Now you’ll find me smoking in the hot tub at the end of a long day in the fields. puffy

Follow me for more marriage tips and techniques.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
If the weather's nice in the summer, I usually smoke outside. My office upstairs has filtration system that does 4 changes/hour, and there are windows so I can open them and get good cross ventilation when needed. I have a detached heated workshop where I can smoke in the winter, but I haven't in the last few years.

Charlie718

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2021
Bronx, New York
I mostly smoke in my kitchen, I installed a 12” through the wall exhaust fan. Smoking in the kitchen (NOT while cooking) has always been a norm for me it’s how I grew up. The next place I get I’m making a smoking room/office, I’m good with my hands and can do all the HVAC and most of the carpentry.

Reactions: Reggie and jpberg

AKinser79

Might Stick Around
Aug 3, 2021
Central Florida
I smoke both inside and outside. At work the building is non-smoking by state law (all restaurants are in the state of FL) so outside then, which is why at work I favor small bowled pipes for a quick smoke. At home inside, I have no one to answer to except Miss Kitty (a cat) and so far she's not complained.

Reactions: Charlie718
Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
Inside or outside but usually don’t bring pipes with me when out and about. No Latakia in the house, but Virginia and aromatics are fine.

A quality Virginia inside leaves a great lingering room aroma. I’m surprised a number of people have commented about stale smoke. Not sure what leaves that, but if I enter a room I smoked a Virginia in hours later it’s pleasant. The main thing is to dispose of your ashes and pipe cleaners. I discard all remnants within 15 minutes of finishing a bowl because that stuff does indeed smell awful. The smoke aroma however is pleasant.

Reactions: Charlie718

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Always outside on the front porch/verandah or the patio in the backyard. Generally well-sheltered unless it's blowing a gale.
Wife vetoed the idea of an indoor smoking room, even when I volunteered to install an industrial vented exhaust system.
Many years ago we had my parents, both heavy cigarette smokers at the time, stay with us for some months. When they left we had to take down all the curtains to have them professionally cleaned, along with all the soft furnishings. Also had to wash down the walls.