• Smoke Mainly Inside My Home/Yard

Votes: 34 28.3%
  • About Evenly Split

Votes: 13 10.8%

• Total voters

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
Nearly entirely at home and inside. I've toted my pipe on walks, but usually run out of leaf, so I'm a man carrying a pipe. I sometimes take a pipe on a trip, and then judiciously seek out a non-contentious spot to smoke, like away from the front door, or in a distant part of the parking lot at a motel. Some places offer pleasant seating outdoors and ashtrays, but that's a special treat. Around town, it's too much diplomacy and scouting for a place, and by the time it's all negotiated, it's not relaxing. It's demoralizing to get reprimanded, especially where the rules aren't clear, and I just feel dissed. I'm looking for meditative relaxation, not a brawl. Also, I am considerate of people who have real medical problems -- asthma, COPD, chemical sensitivities (sometimes from chemo) etc. I don't want to make someone miserable to make myself feel serene.

smokeymo

Jun 1, 2020
AZ
I usually smoke outside or in the garage/workshop at home. I am allowed to smoke in the den but that has been revoked while my wife is pregnant.

If I'm going to a bar/pub that has an outdoor area I almost always bring a pipe. Would love to smoke inside but that appears to be a thing of the past.

On our travels I always bring a few pipes and a couple tins. I love exploring with a pipe. My wife snagged this photo when we were visiting Scotland.

DSC00674.jpeg

--dante--

Preferred Member
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
When my wife and I quit the cigs, we quickly realized we had to paint the entire interior, and clean or replace drapes, furniture (cushions absorb it), etc. Now I smoke pipes and sometimes cigars, but exclusively outside (on my porch or in my yard). Even in the dead of winter here. I do have a garage that would be okay to smoke in, but I'm just used to doing it outside.