PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 3, 2020
Scottish Borders
@Ettrick puffer Fastest time; but I would like to improve my slow smoking times - the most I've ever managed is 24 minutes with a clay pipe of Condor Ready Rubbed. Problem is I puff a bit too hard because I keep thinking it's going to go out and relighting is against the rules!
I think Redcoats would be more impressed by keeping your pipe lit the longest than smoking it the fastest!
About 10-15 minutes is more normal for me as clay pipes burn hot and they have fairly small bowls.
When re-enactment starts again I'd like to see how long I can keep my clay pipe burning...
@halfdan I knew of slow smoking competitions but I didn’t realise there are fast smoking competitions. Not smoked a clay yet but I will one day ?
Happy smokes
Ettrick puffer

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Afternoon everyone, It seems a good night sleep has healed my tongue and I feel much refreshed. I’m starting the day off with some of the Frankencake I stoved a couple of weeks ago, in the smaller Caveman. Stoving has brought the Chocolate to the fore (SG chocolate Cav blending tobacco, a thick broken flake) and fruited up the Perique, it’s also taken some of the rough edges off. I’ll do a side by side comparison later to fully understand how the stoving process has effected it. Stoving also had the same effect on GH Louisiana Flake, bringing the chocolate forward, something I wasn’t expecting. image.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Afternoon everyone, It seems a good night sleep has healed my tongue and I feel much refreshed. I’m starting the day off with some of the Frankencake I stoved a couple of weeks ago, in the smaller Caveman. Stoving has brought the Chocolate to the fore (SG chocolate Cav blending tobacco, a thick broken flake) and fruited up the Perique, it’s also taken some of the rough edges off. I’ll do a side by side comparison later to fully understand how the stoving process has effected it. Stoving also had the same effect on GH Louisiana Flake, bringing the chocolate forward, something I wasn’t expecting. View attachment 88765
@Birddog66 Sounds delicious!

YoungButter

Might Stick Around
Jun 19, 2021
Woke up at 4am filled with vigor. So I got a jump on the days cooking.

Had a Caldwell 'Eastern Standard' and now I'm enjoying the 'Midnight Express' variant while prepping. First exposure to the brand and I'm impressed with the construction and flavor of both sticks. I'd gladly smoke either cigar again, especially the Midnight Express. Psyched to try some of the fuller bodied smokes in the line.

Pork shoulder's a roastin', lamb chops & chuck roast are a braisin'.

Listening to the Grateful Dead at the top of their game, Cornell '77.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Drew Estate Harvest on the Hudson in a whacky Karl Erik Freehand…

F0-FE2583-446-F-4-D26-A418-208-FF27-BCB9-C.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.