PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Sir Walter Raleigh in a Falcon with a Meer bowl...
EV039s4.jpg

virkia

Lifer
Jan 30, 2020
Does he mention the Knout? A particularly brutal form of punishment. They used whips of specially hardened rawhide and.... you can all research the rest, I don’t want to put anyone off their dinner.
Ok, not in the same ballpark as the knout but reminded me of what we schoolboys in the UK educated by the Jesuits had to go through growing up in the 1960s and 1970s - the ferula (whale bone covered in leather) which was the weapon of choice and was used across our hands (up to five strokes on each) sometimes drawing blood although it's true that the stroke should not be made from an angle greater than 90% . . . for worse offences the ferula was used on the backside and was called a Bumming.
1623115950699.png

Rockyrepose

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Wyoming USA
2021 Stockton Spun Cut in a Savinelli Punto Oro Gold Sandblasted Billiard while I unpack a coupe of pipes that arrived today. I purchased them from a site sponsor in Ohio who shipped the pipes 1st class USPS, after a tour of the south pacific, Guam and Hawaii, they re-entered the mainland in Denver and then headed north to Wyoming on I-25. ?‍♂️ The shipping box was a little bruised but the pipes were in good shape.

20210607_202854.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am close to finishing my last posted smoke. Next will be D&R Raccoon’s Delight in my very reliable smooth straight WW2 Pre-Republic Peterson Sterling Canadian with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Peterson_Pre_Rep_Canadian.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.