PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

madhatt

Might Stick Around
May 25, 2021
"As the beak of del Cielo lay broken like a shell within his hand" ...

scottbtdmb

Can't Leave
Apr 14, 2012
Listening to a Grateful Dead show from Apr. 27, 1985 ...I was a year and a day old! I have found the site 'relisten.net' to be really useful for digging through live recordings -I think it just queries archive.org, but lays it out nicely.
Nice, I’ve got the Dave’s Picks 2012 Bonus Disc going presently. It has some nice highlights from the 7-29-74 Capitol Center show, including an outstanding Other One > Spanish Jam > Wharf Rat.

I’ve been listening to a lot of Allman Brothers lately actually. Have been enjoying all eras, and while the Duane years are the best, I appreciate the Warren Haynes/Derek Trucks era from the 2000’s. Say what you will about their sound from the later era, but you can’t deny Warren and Derek are two of the finest guitarists nowadays!

kg.legat0

Lifer
Sep 6, 2019
Southwestern PA
@scottbtdmb -heck yeah man, love those guys together ...Gov't Mule was actually my entry into the whole jam world, my dad was a big fan and took me to see them when I was a teenager -that original trio is a big part of my whole approach to my band even, great stuff. Derek Trucks is also just about the best guitar player I have ever seen live ...there are guys with more speed/chops but Derek's musicality is something to behold!

scottbtdmb

Can't Leave
Apr 14, 2012
@scottbtdmb -heck yeah man, love those guys together ...Gov't Mule was actually my entry into the whole jam world, my dad was a big fan and took me to see them when I was a teenager -that original trio is a big part of my whole approach to my band even, great stuff. Derek Trucks is also just about the best guitar player I have ever seen live ...there are guys with more speed/chops but Derek's musicality is something to behold!
Nice! I am an even bigger Mule fan than I am with ABB or the Dead. Warren’s just a walking music encyclopedia. I have a HUGE collection of live Mule shows, and am always looking for more, because they are just THAT good!