PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggywm

Can't Leave
Sep 9, 2019
Fargo, ND
Regarding round pencil shank pipes: under the influence of the elegant clay pipe shapes of the period these thin-stemmed briars have probably been around since the early years of briar pipes ... not forgetting diamond/square pencil shank pipes which don't get much of a look-in in comparison and which have been around for probably as long

View attachment 82391View attachment 82392

View attachment 82395
View attachment 82399
View attachment 82397

View attachment 82403
View attachment 82380
View attachment 82405
Another interesting artistic detail with regard to the definition bead at the crown. It's hand incised to create a dentil molding. It's easy to cut a bead on a bulldog on the lathe, but takes hand work and time to cut dentil molding. You don't see that today because of the expense and craftsmanship required.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of a bowl left of year 2018 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Watching a documentary about Tex Avery.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

WildTurkeySurprise

Can't Leave
Oct 23, 2020
Mt Juliet, TN
Give Arango Balkan Supreme a try if you haven’t yet. ?
I have heard great things about that blend, and it’s in my cart right now. Before I pull the trigger, I have a question: I have Balkan Saseini, BSOSM, Artisan’s Blend, and Nightcap...aside from the great price point (which is certainly enough provided it’s in league with those), what else would Arango bring to the table?

Status
Not open for further replies.