PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Luxury Twist Flake, about 4 yrs old since I bought the box...not much remaining, but enough to have a nice bowl or 3 and one right now in my beater, hence one of my favorites, Grabow Westbrook straight small (3-4) wire brush rusticated apple. I think this was my first Grabow acquisition via auction and it was not the object of my bid.
I found it to be wonderful and have since acquired several more of the brand from Chicago made to Sparta.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
It's lucky I post before bedtime as otherwise I'd want to eat something after reading about your different eats.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taken from mid '70s top shelf magazine - forget which, probably Men Only:-
View attachment 81909View attachment 81910

Speaking about brothels: remember the movie Charlie Varrick when Joe Don Baker as "Molly" visits the Mustang Bridge Ranch Brothel?
Molly: [when asked if he would like a prostitute] "I don't sleep with whores... at least, not knowingly."
(2115) Monica Lewis - Charley Varrick - YouTube

He's got @Birddog66's Longchamp too.
That’s awesome and Longchamp was Elvis’ favoured pipe brand along with other celebrities.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Afternoon everyone, getting off to a late start today with Germain’s Medium Flake in the newly acquired Longchamp bent bulldog with grey suede wrap. This was musty and rank when it came earlier in the week, a little rum wash in the bowl and a few days filled with crushed Himalayan rock salt has removed that entirely. I do like the first bowl after I’ve given this treatment, you get the salty tang with the tobacco and it’s better than it sounds. I was fortunate again in that this pipe couldn’t have seen more than half a dozen bowls if that. The bottom half of the bowl wasn’t even charred so the original owner wasn’t patient enough to break it in. image.jpg

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
Close to finishing this bowl of year 2014 4Noggins Alamosa in a mid-2000 decade Tom Eltang straight black rusticated canted AJ Dublin with a cream and brown horn ferrule, and a tapered black acrylic stem.
View attachment 81927
This pipe is so interesting to me. I always admire it's lines when you post. Have you reviewed it somewhere?

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Tuskegee Airman now in the same grey suede Longchamp bent bulldog, like all my others it smokes like a champ. I have reason to believe this is one of the last pipes they produced in 1978. The pipes were still being sold after production stopped and the stem on this one lacks the horse and rider stamp, I believe their last finished bowls were fitted with blank stems from the companies that made them, including Ropp, Butz Choquin, GBD, Savinelli and Sasieni.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Sutliff Crumble Kake VaPer in a MM Pride with cobbit shire stem, and it's burning just fine with minimum crumbling of the presented semi-flake pressed richness right out of the tin, first bowl. A few re-lghts help keep the heat down if you pace them. and the flavor is a very nice, smooth and rich with no bite and is burning all the way down.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
This pipe is so interesting to me. I always admire it's lines when you post. Have you reviewed it somewhere?
No. I've never reviewed a pipe or even thought about doing it, but I will for you. It's a terrific smoker and allows me to get everything from a tobacco blend that is possible to get. The one drawback is that I have to smoke it a little slowly because the walls are a little on the thin size. It's light as a feather and well balanced for easy clenching, has perfect drilling, and as you well know, an incredible, entrancing blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.