PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie718

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2021
Bronx, New York
I’m looking to try a few aromatics. Seeing as they are very different from cigars I don’t know what my tastes are yet so I thought I’d start with what an old teacher used to smoke for nostalgia and that’s Captain Black - Cherry. Any recommendations will be appreciated and eventually tried.

Reactions: JOHN72

Charlie718

Mar 25, 2021
Bronx, New York
I only picked cherry because I figured it’s a place to start lol. I grabbed a cob to “ruin” with an Aro ?, I’ll grab a tin of Cult on my next order. I’ll grab a new cob for every type of flavor I order also.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I only picked cherry because I figured it’s a place to start lol. I grabbed a cob to “ruin” with an Aro ?, I’ll grab a tin of Cult on my next order. I’ll grab a new cob for every type of flavor I order also.
I smoke primarily Virginias and aromatics. Go ahead and use a briar. Permanent ghosting really isn't a thing.

JKoD

May 9, 2021
IN
I don’t think you need a new cob for every flavor. As a cigar smoker myself, I’d encourage you to go English or English aros first. Many great recommendations will come - but, try Boswell’s Northwoods and Mild English. There is some sweet, but also better tobacco flavors. Also good would be SPC Potlatch and Peterson’s old Dublin. These are only from the cigar jump. Also, one I plan to get soon are Warped blends - using cigar leaf. Cloud hopper looks decent, look forward to trying.

just be careful - aros can burn the hell out of your tongue.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Wilke Cherry Cavendish, No. 515, Rum and Maple (the best I have ever smoked), Rum Cake, Vermont Maple Cavendish, Sweet Sweet, Peanut Butter and Chocolate, and Peanut Butter.
The Wilke’s Rum & Maple is pretty awesome. You’ll be sniffing your own mustache the rest of the day. Their #191 is another great one. Wilke’s aros are my favorite “full-blown aromatics” so far. Dan Tobacco Blue Note is quite good, too.
I really enjoy “semi-aromatics,” or “tobacco-forward” aromatics, too. C&D Visions of Celephais and Dreams of Kadath are great, but I really like Kentucky tobacco, and not everyone does. I’m working on a nicely aged tin of GLP Stonehenge that is flat-out amazing, if you’re ok with a Lakeland style tobacco. Erinmore is a classic mixed fruit “semi-aromatic” that is excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.