PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggywm

Can't Leave
Sep 9, 2019
Fargo, ND
Would you trade the Arcadia tin that was one of Wilke tobaccos best blends.
John, I just can't part with my Acadia tin. I found it on eBay years ago and as a life long aficionado of SH, I just had to have it with my collection of pipes and rare books. As you may know, it is one of the blends mentioned in the Canon. The times I have been at 221b in London I only wished I could fire my pipe. I started reading the stories when I was 10 years old, and it still fires my imagination. It will go to my son when I pass. When he was 10 years old we sat aside the fireplace at 221b when he asked me if Mr. Holmes really lived. I could only say, "You will have to decide that for yourself."

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
John, I just can't part with my Acadia tin. I found it on eBay years ago and as a life long aficionado of SH, I just had to have it with my collection of pipes and rare books. As you may know, it is one of the blends mentioned in the Canon. The times I have been at 221b in London I only wished I could fire my pipe. I started reading the stories when I was 10 years old, and it still fires my imagination. It will go to my son when I pass. When he was 10 years old we sat aside the fireplace at 221b when he asked me if Mr. Holmes really lived. I could only say, "You will have to decide that for yourself."
There are several of those tins available on ePay right now...

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Savinelli 145 in a Molina. I'm finding a lot of similarities with this blend and 140. Kind of like C&D followed up CRF with CRF with perique. I say this in a good way as I enjoy all of the above mentioned blends. 145 is not too heavy and the topping makes for an interesting and well balanced VaPer that I will enjoy this summer. I like it a lot.20210507_182311.jpg

virkia

Lifer
Jan 30, 2020
Afternoon everyone, SPC Mississippi River Rum Barrel Aged in a newly acquired Meer, it’s been broken and repaired as a nose warmer, the gold band says Made in Holland GOEDE WAAGEN. It means freight wagon which is a strange name for a pipe. View attachment 78800
Goedewaagen meerschaum? That comes as a surprise to me as I believe the company - the longest continuously operating pipe maker in the world (from 1779 to 1982) - only ever made clay/ceramic pipes.

I had a good afternoon nap, so now I am ready for a longer/later than usual night. Peterson 1865 in the Falcon with the new twisted stem. Alcohol free beer and lemonade mix for drinking. Listening to "Lankum", a modern-traditional Irish band. If you like the Irish Folk genre, they are very very good. Earlier today, while attending a not so interesting teleconference, I made a sketch on the paper... don't tell my employer...

View attachment 78859
Not a bad representation of the contents of the bowl but I'd suggest adding a small coin of THREE NUNS in the middle to match the doodle.

Status
Not open for further replies.