Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
This feels like here we go again, another so called special and 145 years of Celebration seems like an odd year too.

I assumed 140 and 150 are more common years of Celebration. Hmm ?

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
When I first started smoking, Savinelli pipes were not considered an expensive brand. Now Savinelli has never made sense to me, offering high end custom carver prices of thousands of dollars, that they do now.

I don’t know if it’s just me with my thoughts like this on Savinelli overpriced, but if I’m going to spend big bucks on Italian, my $$$ are going to Castello or Cavicchi.

dcicero

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 23, 2019
Michigan
After thirty years, not much. A heavy Yenidje, Macedonian Prelip, and red Virginia blend perhaps.
Does anybody do Yenidje right now? I don't know of any...but just Google searching finding none. I think I've seen whole leaf..but from what I understand it's hard to tell if it's actually Yenidje before you buy.

Reactions: danimalia

Ebarber

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2020
Newark, Ohio
I got 10 on the way. I'll sample one when it gets here and decide if I need more if it isn't sold out. The 140 anniversary was pretty good and this one being a Va/Per sounds like it will be right up my alley.
Update: I really like it. I've been smoking it exclusively for a few days now. I ordered 11 more tins and I don't think the tin that I opened will last very long.

Status
Not open for further replies.