PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
When I first started smoking, Savinelli pipes were not considered an expensive brand. Now Savinelli has never made sense to me, offering high end custom carver prices of thousands of dollars, that they do now.

I don’t know if it’s just me with my thoughts like this on Savinelli overpriced, but if I’m going to spend big bucks on Italian, my $$$ are going to Castello or Cavicchi.
Those super expensive pipes are usually limited to the top-graded Autographs, no? At that price, I am probably not looking Savinelli, but I'm also not looking at much at all. With the exception of some of the well-grained and nicer blasts of the Punto Oro line, I suppose mid-range Savs don't do much for me, but in that $90-150 range, they offer a lot of good options, IMO. The only two I've actually owned have been unfinished Series IIIs, but I am on the lookout for a nice Punto, unfiltered and in a straight shape. Failing that, I might pick up a Tre.

ETA: Just realized you were referring to some of the 145th Anniversary pipes going for $1000.. Yeah, I'm with you. Too costly, IMO

As for the 145th Anniversary, I haven't bought any yet, but hope to snag a tin or two before they're gone. Sounds delicious!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.