PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christos D. Tsatsaronis

Part of the Furniture Now
In the mood for a long pipe today, so I picked this one. "Old Vic" is written on the shank and stem, "8536" on the other side of the shank. It was found in the belongings of a very beloved person, a truly good human soul, which some years ago departed from this world for another, a better one. The pipe was given to me by the relatives. Together they gave me a "czech-like" tool, but with a bigger spoon and without the characteristic meander engravings and the "Made in Czechoslovakia/Czech Republic" stamp. An imitation, a copycat? I don't know (I am posting a photo). They also gave me a third item. When I saw it, I thought of opium pipes but this one was very small, like a miniature (I post a photo with a standard tool on the side for size comparison). After searching I have came to the conclusion that this was perhaps a "kiseru" pipe. I published this in the internet forum of the Greek pipe club and a member who collects pipes said he was interested. I prepared a package with the pipe, some tobacco samples, some wooden tampers I've made e.t.c. and went to the post office. There, not because I didn't want to spent a few extra Euros, but out of trust to the postal services, I chose the "simple envelope" way of sending and not a more advanced, with tracking number. Result? The package was lost! I was deeply disappointed... The fellow pipe club member, perhaps for comforting me, said me "don't worry, there are more important things in life!"... Maybe so.
Anyway, I have loaded my Old Vic with Stanwell Melange now, I smoke it, I remember Christiane and I think of the day that we will meet again.
Have a good weekend good people.
Stanwell Melange in Old Vic.JPG

Old Vic close up.JPG

Kiseru (maybe).jpgCzech-like tool.JPG

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
About a third of a bowl left of D&R Windsail in a 2013 straight black sandblasted Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Baker Street with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite fish tail stem. Made some more Community Coffee.
Peterson Sherlock Holmes Baker Street copy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished smoking D&R Penhooker in a 1990 straight dark brown Commemorative reproduction of the 1890 Peterson Patent System 12393 stack billiard with a silver band and a bowed black acrylic 32 AB long stem p-lip.
Peterson_Commen. Billiard-Stack copy.jpg

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
In the mood for a long pipe today, so I picked this one. "Old Vic" is written on the shank and stem, "8536" on the other side of the shank. It was found in the belongings of a very beloved person, a truly good human soul, which some years ago departed from this world for another, a better one. The pipe was given to me by the relatives. Together they gave me a "czech-like" tool, but with a bigger spoon and without the characteristic meander engravings and the "Made in Czechoslovakia/Czech Republic" stamp. An imitation, a copycat? I don't know (I am posting a photo). They also gave me a third item. When I saw it, I thought of opium pipes but this one was very small, like a miniature (I post a photo with a standard tool on the side for size comparison). After searching I have came to the conclusion that this was perhaps a "kiseru" pipe. I published this in the internet forum of the Greek pipe club and a member who collects pipes said he was interested. I prepared a package with the pipe, some tobacco samples, some wooden tampers I've made e.t.c. and went to the post office. There, not because I didn't want to spent a few extra Euros, but out of trust to the postal services, I chose the "simple envelope" way of sending and not a more advanced, with tracking number. Result? The package was lost! I was deeply disappointed... The fellow pipe club member, perhaps for comforting me, said me "don't worry, there are more important things in life!"... Maybe so.
Anyway, I have loaded my Old Vic with Stanwell Melange now, I smoke it, I remember Christiane and I think of the day that we will meet again.
Have a good weekend good people.
View attachment 72530

View attachment 72531

View attachment 72533View attachment 72532
Hi Christos, the “Old Vic” is a theatre in Central London, one of the all time great theatres from a bygone age. Although that beauty might be a bit difficult to smoke in a theatre.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Good morning All
Breaking in a new Brigham Voyageur 129 with a half bowl of Squadron Leader. First time buyer from Smoking Pipes EU as no one stocks Brigham pipes here in the UK and their service was excellent.
Happy smokes
Ettrick puffer
View attachment 72536

Well played last night, one of the best games I’ve seen in a while.

scottbtdmb

Can't Leave
Apr 14, 2012
Enjoying a nice morning on the deck with some 2004 Gawith Hoggarth Dark Flake unscented in a recently purchased Castello Old Antiquari kkkk. My weekend long 40th bday celebration continues today with friends stopping by for a cookout this afternoon. Looking forward to good food, lots of good cigars, and a nice fire out in the yard. Gonna be a great day!
D1570140-2721-48BF-897A-D9690627CDB3.jpeg

Christos D. Tsatsaronis

Part of the Furniture Now
Hi Christos, the “Old Vic” is a theatre in Central London, one of the all time great theatres from a bygone age. Although that beauty might be a bit difficult to smoke in a theatre.

Thanks firend , yes I know. There are also some posts here in this forum about Old Vic pipes, about 10 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.