PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Edger and others, please don't use abrasives to clean stems unless absolutely necessary. I have suggested, many times (as I don't have buffing wheels), the use of Flitz polish, first.
It is non-abrasive, non-toxic, acid-free, eco friendly and approved by the USDA. Apply lightly with a cotton cloth, work it in with vigor, polish with a clean soft cotton cloth. If a few attempts don't provide a satisfactory cleaning, you may then consider an abrasive. I find Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, although abrasive, used lightly, gets the green out. I then again apply Flitz, and finish with a dab of Obsidian oil. Hope this helps.
Flitz polish is abrasive. That’s why it’s a polish.

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
Flitz polish is abrasive. That’s why it’s a polish.
Yes, BROBS, so is toothpaste. However, Flitz is not a product that will scratch soft surfaces.

Here is a quote from the president of Flitz, Ulrich Jentzsch, in response to an email about abrasiveness:
"If it is a polish, it has to be abrasive is right in a very literal sense. However, you are also right about the Flitz, because our polish falls 12% below the government standard for abrasiveness. In other words, the polishing granules are so fine that Flitz can be considered non-abrasive. We can safely claim that because, as you can feel just by putting it between your fingers, it is very smooth. Flitz can be used on even the softest precious metals without scratching. (Of course, a person would have to consider the applicator cloth and make sure they are using a clean, high-quality, soft cloth to apply the polish and for buffing.)"

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
Due to the rare inclement weather....it's cold and wet. I got the Argentine twist out to have in the Falcon...the two were made for each other. Stella will go with anything.

WP-20210316-011.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.