PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
I’ve always hated “I could care less.” I figured out that meant the opposite in 5th grade. I still hear it from celebs, politicians and also educated people. :) conversate is another one. No such word of course. So many but trying to limit because I’m sure most have been said.
Conversate is annoying, for sure. People use that because they think it makes them sound smart.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
A stand up comedian once said;

Don't you hate it when you are trying to say something and it just comes out all wrong? Like the other day, I was trying to say, "Please pass the salt." but it came out as, "You bitch! You ruined my life!"
You nailed it. Exactly as I remember hearing it. But who the heck was it? I can think of a couple that could have said that, but drawing a blank.

Mr_houston

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2020
Texas
F*ck. No, not you - I mean the word.

I’ve noticed, esp. this year, that most everyone that wants to speak or write passionately is dropping f-bombs. People are losing their ability to express themselves without it. I think it’s lazy.

Why do I care? I’m trying to raise a couple of teenagers.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
F*ck. No, not you - I mean the word.

I’ve noticed, esp. this year, that most everyone that wants to speak or write passionately is dropping f-bombs. People are losing their ability to express themselves without it. I think it’s lazy.

Why do I care? I’m trying to raise a couple of teenagers.
Your teenagers know far worse words and expressions than f*ck and most likely have for years and years. Ask them to sit down with you and teach you some. No fainting allowed.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Don't you hate it when you are trying to say something and it just comes out all wrong? Like the other day, I was trying to say, "Please pass the salt." but it came out as, "You bitch! You ruined my life!"

You nailed it. Exactly as I remember hearing it. But who the heck was it? I can think of a couple that could have said that, but drawing a blank.

Wait a damned minute. You and jaytex are MARRIED? Are there pictures?

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Mr_houston

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2020
Texas
Your teenagers know far worse words and expressions than f*ck and most likely have for years and years. Ask them to sit down with you and teach you some. No fainting allowed.
Yes, that is likely true. However, I recently shocked my 16 year old daughter by rattling off from childhood memory George Carlin’s 7 words you can’t say on television. She was speechless. Unfortunately, now she has memorized them.

Link, NSFW

Status
Not open for further replies.