PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2019
Yeah, usually most places will have a small sale. Some sites/carvers release limited edition stuff, usually it's an excuse to get together. But alas, that's probably not happening this year.

I am keen to see if MM do anything. Following their collaboration with Moonshine, I can only dream about a re-release of those gorgeous calabashes or something complete new! (Of course there is ZERO evidence of any of this, but a man can dream!)

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
The day is technically "International Pipe Smoking Day". Not a commercially created "pipe sale" day.
Yeah, but that means what, really? Marching out into the streets in cohort formation smoking pipes? Or just making sure you smoke a pipe on that day? Mind, most here already do the latter... every... single... day.

Commerce seeps into everything, though. February the 14th used to be Saint Valentine's feast day, and look at the unbridled and shameless commerce fest it has become as a result of the deplorable plethora of sappiness that passes for 'love' and 'romance' nowadays.

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
It's just a day to self acknowledge pipes and tobacco culture should people or clubs or groups choose to. I do not smoke every day and there's plenty who don't. If a company wants or doesn't want to run a sale, that's on them.

I don't treat it differently from any other day, but I'm also not in any clubs or groups or social circles who gather to smoke pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.