PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
"You can't have your cake and eat it too"......One can absolutely have their cake, and then eat it.

"You can't eat your cake and have it too" is the more accurate representation of the meaning. You can't eat your cake, and then also still have it since you have eaten it.
This is the same argument that the unibomber made and you see where it took him. LOL

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
Overused phrases :

"at the end of the day..."

"epic"

"surreal"

"unprecedented"

"roll-out"

And maybe the most misspelled word in all of history (and so frequent on pipe forums);

It's tongue - not tounge, tong, tung or toung.
On the pipe forum note...The frequency in which "bowl" becomes "bowel" is astonishing considering that one is a great place to pack tobacco, and the other is most definitely not, unless you are prison bound.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
On the pipe forum note...The frequency in which "bowl" becomes "bowel" is astonishing considering that one is a great place to pack tobacco, and the other is most definitely not, unless you are prison bound.
I think that is often an autocorrect problem. My phone still tries to change "pipe" to "pope," which can occasionally lead to awkward moments.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
More on nuclear: Pres. Carter said "nuke-e-er"

I better not comment on Carter... I just better not. I like being back around here. They won't get mad if I call him a pantload will they? Not too descriptive.. but it really does sum the man up.

Bush always said. "Nukeular".. even as a kid that drove me nuts.

Reactions: kola

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
My boss and I once watched a video of a guy building a greenhouse and he used the term “Build-out” a lot. As in, “Ok guys, phase one of our greenhouse build-out is complete” and now that’s another term I cannot stand.
I think that is often an autocorrect problem. My phone still tries to change "pipe" to "pope," which can occasionally lead to awkward moments.
What the duck are you talking about I smoke 5 bowels a day.

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
When young I had a few friends who would called a truck, a tulck... worse, they would sometimes call it a pick’em-up tulck. Also, pagati, instead of spaghetti. “Jewelry” always seemed to be a tongue twister too...

Reactions: edger and jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.