PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

Well I am doing a 180. First 2 times tried it, thought who the hell would smoke this. My good card buddy Mimi loves this stuff. As a joke he bought me a small tin for Christmas. I have been revisiting it all week. It’s growing on me. I actually really like it. The tin note is still Rancid and horrible, but dang it’s delicious. So I do believe I’ll have to add this into my regular rotation. This one truly grew on me.
I never had an aversion to it but the first couple of bowls were flat. Then it really opened up. I would smoke it in a large pipe with coffee in the morning. Yum.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Although my spell check rarely lets me spell it, I liked my tin of Haddon's (see) and smoked it up before it ever got to a jar. I haven't reordered it in a few years, just because I always get fascinated with something new, but I'd sure order a tin if I happened on the opportunity. I found it lively and interesting, and the topping low key. Not with this blend, but with others, I've found the first tin or pouch displeasing, and then I'll come back and suddenly understand the blend. This happened to me with Iwan Ries Three Star Blue, among others.

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
I held off on the haunting by warped. Reviews on tobacco reviews weren’t great but on smokingpipes it was pretty good. Figured I’d try. Normally I don’t like these burely based blends but I really like it a lot. So I went and put haddos delight in my cart. I’ve learned not to make a decision until I’ve had several bowls and over a period of time. I’ve gone back to so many jarred tobaccos I didn’t like only to find I love them a bit later.

Reactions: logs and ofafeather

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

Well I am doing a 180. First 2 times tried it, thought who the hell would smoke this. My good card buddy Mimi loves this stuff. As a joke he bought me a small tin for Christmas. I have been revisiting it all week. It’s growing on me. I actually really like it. The tin note is still Rancid and horrible, but dang it’s delicious. So I do believe I’ll have to add this into my regular rotation. This one truly grew on me.
Tin note: garbage pile or the bag of kitchen garbage that needs taken out

flavor: sublime

Reactions: ofafeather

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
. Yes sir this was a weird one . I absolutely did not like it. After about the 3 bowl I started to really like it. Pembroke was the same way for me. I didn’t like it at all then it grows on you. The only thing I found with Haddos is it seems to burn fast. Not hot just fast.? Idk.
It’s because it’s pretty dry. It burns the same as all my tobaccos because I dry them.

Elric

Lifer
Sep 19, 2019
Liplapper Lane (Michigan)
tobaccocellar.com
I’ll keep my opinion to myself on this tobacco. I certainly wouldn’t want to influence anyone, but if you enjoy smoking a hobo dipped in Hawaiian Tropic and slow roasted over a dumpster, then this tobacco is for you.

:) I don't know, I think essence of hobo is quite underrated as a topping. I will agree it clashes with the Hawaiian Tropic. That said, much like Latakia, it really depends on the type and contents of the dumpster its roasted over.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Although my spell check rarely lets me spell it, I liked my tin of Haddon's (see) and smoked it up before it ever got to a jar. I haven't reordered it in a few years, just because I always get fascinated with something new, but I'd sure order a tin if I happened on the opportunity. I found it lively and interesting, and the topping low key. Not with this blend, but with others, I've found the first tin or pouch displeasing, and then I'll come back and suddenly understand the blend. This happened to me with Iwan Ries Three Star Blue, among others.
Three Star Blue gets good after about a year in a jar. Before that it's a meh not bad but not good blend. After that it opens up and gets pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.