Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve loved this malt for years, but recently opened a bottle for the first time in a while. Finished it in just a few days ?
Somehow I had never had this at home before, only with friends at bars, and it is hard to enjoy the nuances at a bar. Liking it a lot, although my Islay favorites are Caol Ila 12 and Ardbeg Uigeadail

shaneireland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 14, 2014
Conway, SC
www.smokingpipes.com
Somehow I had never had this at home before, only with friends at bars, and it is hard to enjoy the nuances at a bar. Liking it a lot, although my Islay favorites are Caol Ila 12 and Ardbeg Uigeadail
Both excellent choices. It’s hard to go wrong with Islay, in my opinion.

Have you tried the Ardbeg Wee Beastie yet? Unbelievably good for around $50!

litup

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
This has been increasingly hard to come by in my area, so I was glad to see one lonely bottle this afternoon at my favorite local shop.View attachment 63212
Shane, if you can find it, I highly recommend the Springbank 10 Local Barley. We sampled it at my Scotch club last night and everyone in the room sang it’s praises.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Whisky Lagavulin,Macallan,Chivas Regal............Old Rum Zacapa,Barceló......and Irish coffee with whisky Jameson,of course...........Infusion ginger...........green tea.....Black tea..........wine Spanish........I think I forget something,oh yes,Bourbon........?......Beer in months.......from may to september.......

Last edited:

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Whisky Lagavulin,Macallan,Chivas Regal............Old Rum Zacapa,Barceló......and Irish coffee with whisky Jameson,of course...........Infusion ginger...........green tea.....Black tea..........wine Spanish........I think I forget something,oh yes,Bourbon........?......Beer in months.......from may to september.......
Where's the 'Soberano' John?

meoget

Lurker
Jan 25, 2021
Both excellent choices. It’s hard to go wrong with Islay, in my opinion.

Have you tried the Ardbeg Wee Beastie yet? Unbelievably good for around $50!

Ardbeg Uigeadail is my favorite, but a bottle is over $100 in my area, Heck, even the Laphroaig 10 is $70.

Reactions: cshubhra

shaneireland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 14, 2014
Conway, SC
www.smokingpipes.com
Shane, if you can find it, I highly recommend the Springbank 10 Local Barley. We sampled it at my Scotch club last night and everyone in the room sang it’s praises.
I’ll definitely keep my eyes peeled. I’ve never seen that one in the wild, otherwise I’d probably have snagged it. It’s probably regional, but our selection of American Whiskey seems to be much better than Scotch, in this area. Maybe I can special order a bottle...

Reactions: cshubhra and JOHN72

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
Where are the boozers...it's now well into February and still no thread?

Don't want to start one in case I make an arse of it so I'll post here. Earler I had a lovely cold Quilmes 1890 beer after a hot 33c day.

WP-20210206-005.jpg

Reactions: cshubhra and python
Status
Not open for further replies.