PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Last smoke of the day is Sutliff Dunhill Elizabethan Match in a 1980 smooth walnut finish quarter bend Peterson 505 Rhodesian silver spigot military mount with a black vulcanite saddle stem fishtail bit. Chatting with a friend about stuff.
Peterson505_Rhodesian_SSpigot copy.jpg

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
TAK Highland Balls is a delightful, complex and unpretentious combination of Virginias and Burleys accentuated, both in presentation and condimentally to the extent you wish, with creamy Oriental leaf. A sumptuous, luxurious experience, without being imposing or tiresome. I offer an emphatic recommendation to the habitué of the classic tinned Oriental cigarettes, which are equally as floral and refined, if only slightly less sweet. A must-try for lovers of Orcilla. Enjoying the mélange in one of my best Leeds-era Ben Wade smokers. Bravo!
View attachment 61735View attachment 61736View attachment 61737View attachment 61738View attachment 61739
When you say oriental cigarettes do you mean like the French Gitanes or Gauloise? I’ve been looking for a pipe tobacco with that sort of punchy oriental tang. I don’t recognise what you have there though, doubt it’s available here.

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA

Paul lec

Lifer
May 28, 2020
Third try of Peterson’s Perfect Plug. Cut and rubbed out a bit last night, this morning filled a Peterson Ebony Killarney with the dried tobacco, had one of those absolutely great smokes that you don’t want to end. Some trouble to prep this but well worth it this morning.?

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
When you say oriental cigarettes do you mean like the French Gitanes or Gauloise? I’ve been looking for a pipe tobacco with that sort of punchy oriental tang. I don’t recognise what you have there though, doubt it’s available here.
I always felt that Gitanes and Gauloise were similar to dark fired. I don't know if they contain Oriental tobaccos, though perhaps they do. I was thinking more of the old tinned (canned, cutter-top) variety of filterless Oriental cigarette.

Status
Not open for further replies.