What (Non Aro) Pipe Tobaccos is the Best in Your Opinions?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
So with all this said, I point you in the direction, from one of the legends himself Alfred Dunhill.

This is only a short list, there are many other great Dunhill blends!

Dunhill Early Morning
Dunhill Royal Yacht
Dunhill Nightcap
Dunhill Standard Mixture Medium
Dunhill London Mixture

Only if you're getting production up to the '80s. Following iterations were not produced by Dunhill and are a shadow of the original.

I have yet to find a BEST. Of course, I am one who is always disappointed in sunsets. My anticipation of what it's going to be like, and then when it happens... "well, that was nice, but..." But, nothing in pipe tobaccos or sunsets have really rocked my world. I mean, I get 9/10's a lot. But, none have been a 10/10. I did smoke one aged Cuban cigar, which did rock my world, but no pipe tobacco has ever done that for me.

I mean, I enjoy smoking my pipes, but really... I mean, as long as it's not an aromatic, or it isn't cased with something that ruins that damned smoke... some that people have posted are their favorites, repulse me by being too heavily cased, IMO. But, I hold the 10 level of ranking for that one tobacco that I will meet one day that just gives me a sublime experience to rival no other.

I'm picky, I know. But, I'm just not about to start giving out 10's to "OK" tobaccos or ugly girls with nice tits. YMMV.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
My perfect smokes require a top tobacco, but also many other factors, such as weather, mood, and quadrant of the moon, alignment of the planets- ok, not really- but some intangible quality.

So, there is no one best tobacco as I've said before. Any one can have a favorite, but it's likely to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.