Cat Lovers...What's Your Favorite Kitty Litter? Dust Free, Low Tracking, Eliminates Odor...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
We've had other pet threads in the past and we all love our pets. This tread is specifically for indoor cat owners.

Our cat has been with us for about a year and half now and I'm always searching for a better kitty litter. Some are better than others and some are just horrible. I scoop twice a day and change the litter every Thursday (Friday is garbage day).

So far, this is our favorite
1602942104289.png
It works on odors, clumps nice and is almost dust free, but I don't feel like it's 'low tracking'. I don't mind scooping and changing the litter. I hate vacuuming up the litter trail around the box.

What's your favorite and why?

This is not an option...
1602942987490.png

Reactions: anotherbob

gerryp

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
I haven't found any that are as good as Arm & Hammer, especially Slide. Worth the extra $ for sure.

My little pipe making area is about 5 ft. from the litter box, so this is an important topic for me.

I don't notice a lot around the box, but the clumping and smell fighting are excellent and it hardly sticks at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: scloyd

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Worlds Best Cat Litter lavender scent. It’s good shit we have 9 cats ? ?

I dislike any clay litter. Our old house (2 houses ago) when we moved out there was clay dust in everything. It was horrible. I haven’t noticed that at all with the worlds best. The clay litters have a much finer dust.

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
I use the breeze cat pellet system. You replace the pellets about every 3-4 weeks and the pee pads every 5 days or so. I will never go back to regular litter. It gets everywhere and has been the death of a few vacuum cleaners for me.

Reactions: gerryp

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
Reactions: BROBS

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018

I dislike any clay litter. Our old house (2 houses ago) when we moved out there was clay dust in everything. It was horrible. I haven’t noticed that at all with the worlds best. The clay litters have a much finer dust.
Never heard of 'World's Best'. That's going on the got to try list.

gerryp

Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
Anything with Latakia in it. Smells like shit to start with.

If cat poop smelled like a campfire and leather, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.

The dog I owned before the current one had a problem with incurable (according to the vet),random, explosive diarrhea. My apartment had cream-colored carpet. I'll take the little box over that.

My ex had 2 cats that enjoyed pissing on my shoes. These included 2 pairs of Doc Martens and a pair of Bostonian wing tips. All were ruined.

The thing about cats and dogs is that they force you to spend way too much time dealing with pee, poop, vomit, and wanton destruction of property for their entire lives.

Reactions: edger

gerryp

Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
Same here, that's why I scoop twice a day. We live inside city limits and it's irresponsible to let the cat roam the neighborhood doing his business anywhere he feels like it.

Plus it's nice to be able to leave them alone for a couple days and not have to board them or recruit a sitter.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I used to get the $3.50 20 lb bag at Walmart, until it seemed too dusty and tracked too much. Now I get whatever I can round up or have a friend buy for us with groceries. Top choice is the same ... Arm and Hammer, but we prefer the unscented when we can get it. We have three litter boxes, but since one of our cats died of old age, the remaining two seem to use mostly one box. I keep it scooped and change it out completely once a week, and scoop and change the others as needed. Like other small chores -- the trash, recycling, etc. -- I have been doing it so long, I have a long list of methods and routines, the metaphysics of removing cat scat and urine. It's a little crazy.

philo', I had a big orange tabby who was indoor/outdoor, and a big red tail hawk female (bigger than the males, looks like an eagle) hunting chipmunks. So I called the local university wildlife people and asked if I should keep the cat inside. His opinion was that with a large male cat, it was a standoff. The hawk can't afford the injury a cat could do, so will leave it alone. It didn't bother the cat, but maybe it was full of chipmunks.

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal

This is exactly what we have been using for years. It's not perfect, but it's the best that I've found. Messy cats may still track some dust, our little kitten does, but for the most part it does the job.

Reactions: BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.