PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I have to admit the only way I would enjoy or nearly enjoy one is if I was experiencing nicotine withdraw and on the verge of snapping and killing someone because the way they breath is annoying (which would best be descriped as a cycle of inspiration and exspirationm, or as people call it breathing.). So basically saying the only thing I like about them is they have nicotine. Even before I developed much of a pallet I thought those things where nasty. And if you think it's snobbery, well you certainly don't know the things I will smoke. Though I miss the amish cigars I used to be able to get. They were cheap simple and kind of like Five Brothers on steroids.

Reactions: bnichols23

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Swisher were too sweet for me. The tobacco flavor was lost in the other flavoring. When I was an undergrad and wanted an enjoyable cigar at the lowest possible cost, it was Hav'a'Tampa with the little wooden bit. When I wanted to live large, for a special occasion, I'd get a White Owl.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Swisher were too sweet for me. The tobacco flavor was lost in the other flavoring. When I was an undergrad and wanted an enjoyable cigar at the lowest possible cost, it was Hav'a'Tampa with the little wooden bit. When I wanted to live large, for a special occasion, I'd get a White Owl.
I agree. Almost any not overly sweetened cigar is more enjoyable.

Reactions: bnichols23

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
yaddy306, amazing. I believe that is the first time anyone other than me has mentioned EWA pipes on Forums. They're good little French pipes, well made and inexpensive.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
yaddy306, amazing. I believe that is the first time anyone other than me has mentioned EWA pipes on Forums. They're good little French pipes, well made and inexpensive.
I have an EWA 'lady' pipe. It is a like a delicate shortened churchwarden, I will post a photo one day/year.

Only the odd backwoods for me, I don't get the urge for flavoured cigar often enough to branch out and try a range.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Grew up with Swisher Sweets. They work great to keep mosquitoes, gnats, deer flies, noseeums, etc off of your head when fishing. Plus I liked chewing on them and a big wad of Cannonball with a Swisher Sweet was a great combo for nicotine.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

davek

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 20, 2014
Rigoletto Black Jack was another good everyday cigar. There was another good drugstore Rigoletto whose name escapes me at the moment.

Marsh Wheeling was my brand, though. They were a little hard to find and I actually had one tobacco store order specifically for me.

Marsh Wheeling "stogies". Called stogies because Conestoga wagon drivers liked a long cigar.

Reactions: canucklehead

brandaves

Can't Leave
Jan 5, 2020
Kentucky
Outlaws are good. A cross between Backwoods and Swisher Sweets. Quite nice for a cheap cigar.

The cheap cigar I smoked a box of a week for years was Marsh Wheeling. Finest kind. No longer made.

View attachment 39098
View attachment 39099
Are you sure Marsh Wheeling are no longer made? I saw a box of them at my local B&M just yesterday...not sure if NOS but it was unopened and wrapped in cellophane.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
GRAPE?

Status
Not open for further replies.