PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Johnson

Lurker
Jul 2, 2020
Greetings fellow pipesmokers. I've been smoking a pipe on and off since the late 70s. My favourite blends are Scottish mixtures, with the occasional flake thrown in for some light and shade. So far I've not found anything to beat Old Dublin.
Most of my pipes are bent briars, but I do smoke a cob on occasion. When I'm not smoking motorcycles, grandchildren, walking and my garden take up the rest of my time.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Greetings! From Minnesota in the United States.

One of my dreams is to travel the UK, and in particular Yorkshire, to visit antique shops and car boot markets to search for old pipes. Someday perhaps!

Reactions: Ken Johnson

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from the Central Coast of California!

Are you a footie fan? I am struggling with the Spurs today.

You can put your location in your Profile—(please!—because people will forget!) and which will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, etc., etc..

Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state.

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
Greetings fellow pipesmokers. I've been smoking a pipe on and off since the late 70s. My favourite blends are Scottish mixtures, with the occasional flake thrown in for some light and shade. So far I've not found anything to beat Old Dublin.
Most of my pipes are bent briars, but I do smoke a cob on occasion. When I'm not smoking motorcycles, grandchildren, walking and my garden take up the rest of my time.

Hello! For a second there, I thought you said that you were into "smoking motorcycles" - so... old Harley's and Triumphs, then?

There's a rider's thread if you are interested:
Motorcycle Riders’ Thread - Continued :: General Discussion - https://pipesmagazine.com/forums/threads/motorcycle-riders%E2%80%99-thread-continued.77700/

Magpiety

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2019
Kansas City
Welcome from Kansas City! You're looking for Blairgowrie by Drucquer & Sons, you won't buy another tin of Old Dublin after that my friend.

Ken Johnson

Lurker
Jul 2, 2020
  • Haha
Reactions: Akousticplyr

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Reasonable and firm moderation keeps good folks good. Perhaps the most active pipe board. Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.