PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I’m about to place an order with Smokingpipes, and would like to try some GLP blends. I’ve had Triple Play and Telegraph Hill, but I’d like to try some Lat-forward or Oriental-forward blends.
Some non-GLP blends I enjoy, for reference:
Arango Balkan Supreme
C&D Stratfordshire
F&K Lancer Slices
SPC Hood Canal
SPC Plum Pudding

Thanks ?

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
I find GL Pease blends to be a bit less rough around the edges as C&D. I wonder why that is, when they use the same tobaccos.

Cairo and Embarcadero are mellow Virginia and Oriental blends. Cairo has just a dash of perique. Quiet Nights and Spark Plug are also tasty.

stogie37

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
Kensington is an absolutely superb middleweight Balkan that’s been shuffled to the back page over the years. Piccadilly is an excellent light English and Ashbury “buries” the Latakia, but there’s just enough to make it my favorite oriental forward blend. Could live happily off those three blends in rotation!

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
Charing Cross is excellent if you like buttery, woody, floral, spicy orientals. Medium on latakia. Similar to Durbar or London Mixture. It's really the only GLP Lat blend I've tried, so the only one I can recommend, but I liked it enough to get the half-pound can.

Status
Not open for further replies.